Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Halp! tree trimming, driveway repair, gas fireplace maintenence

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Halp! tree trimming, driveway repair, gas fireplace maintenence

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I’d like to do some work on my house that I’ve been putting off and am interested in recommendations for service places. I need someone to trim the tree in my front yard, someone else to repave my driveway, and lastly I need someone to come out and tell me why my gas fireplace smells like natural gas before I blow myself up.

TIA!

pez
    Participant

thefightinglibrarian wrote >>
    I’d like to do some work on my house that I’ve been putting off and am interested in recommendations for service places. I need someone to trim the tree in my front yard, someone else to repave my driveway, and lastly I need someone to come out and tell me why my gas fireplace smells like natural gas before I blow myself up.
    TIA!

If the tree is between the sidewalk and the street, call the city as it’s their responsibility. They come around and trim mine every other year or so without asking. The bad side is that if it’s an ash tree, they’ll come around and trim it right to the ground.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

I also require the services of good arborist and will be monitoring this thread for recommendations. KTHNXbye.

CDS sherman

girl you should have said something about the fire place on saturday. the drive way and tree your on your own…lol

Tenzo
    Participant

Just don’t call AEP

lifeliberty
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    I also require the services of good arborist and will be monitoring this thread for recommendations. KTHNXbye.

Tree Trimming Recommendations?

lifeliberty wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>

Thanks! (Egads, AEP. Egads.) Sherm- I will pm you to see about my fireplace (and, uh, nice avatar.)

Premier Home & Lawn Service took care of one of my rental properties a couple months ago and I was really happy with them. They do tree trimming and driveways, phone is 614-270-6969. That should put you in touch with Patricia, she is the owner. Nice lady! Had a 2 day deadline over a weekend, with quite a bit of work to be done, they had it finished on time and in great shape. They may not remember me but you can tell them “James from the Oak St. duplex with the jungle in the back” sent you :)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

thefightinglibrarian wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>

Thanks! (Egads, AEP. Egads.) Sherm- I will pm you to see about my fireplace (and, uh, nice avatar.)

Dr. Rockso is amazing. He’s the rock ‘n roll clown that does a lot of cocaine.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Hey, my aunt and uncle own a landscaping business in the hoity-toity Hamptons and I used to work every summer for them.

I don’t have tools for that, but if you have tools at your house, I’m a pretty good landscaper/arborist.

I can proudly say I have manicured the lawns of Ralph Macchio and Peter Jennings :D

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

more awful trees. …. a company near my parents’ seems to do this to people’s trees every year. terrible. so ugly and awful, and just awful to trees!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, whenever I see those butchered trees I feel like we’ve entered a Tim Burton film. :(

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Anne wrote >>
    more awful trees. …. a company near my parents’ seems to do this to people’s trees every year. terrible. so ugly and awful, and just awful to trees!

I hate that too! A tree is not the same as a Play Dough Fuzzy Pumper :)

ThisGuy
    Participant

We used Davey. Good price, and they climbed the trees without spikes and no bucket truck in the yard. They also checked and treated our Ash….

Mercurius
    Participant

I’ve started to try to do things like this:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: