Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Halloween Costume Ideas?!?!?!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Halloween Costume Ideas?!?!?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Halloween is quickly approaching, as are Halloween parties! Has anyone started thinking of costume ideas? If so, spill it! I’m lost for ideas this year. Happy Haunting!

laChewla
    Participant

OOOH Good thread!

I am in serious need of spooky inspiration.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I look around at the stuff I already own, decide if I still fit into it, and go from there. As I’m a former Ren Faire geek, it may be an Anne Boleyn year for me (if I can paint some gruesome axe marks on my neck).

Cookie

I was thinking of going with a friend as Estelle Getty and Bea Arthur. :)

Tigertree

Maybe I’ll be an out of place apostrophe this year. That could actually be a pretty cool costume.

laChewla
    Participant

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>

+1

joev
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    Maybe I’ll be an out of place apostrophe this year. That could actually be a pretty cool costume.

Conceptual costumes are often more trouble in explanation than they’re worth.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

laChewla wrote >>

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>

+1

Now you’ve got my attention. I’ll be Rue McClanahan if you want to make a new friend. I’ve got a mean southern accent and love to Tennessee-Williams-it-up.

I wouldn’t mind being Rose, but I don’t have the knockers for it. :)

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

You could be a giant tea bag.

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    You could be a giant tea bag.

I don’t get it? :)

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Google Glenn Beck and tea bag. Should give you a good idea.

Maybe I’ll goes as Wolf Blitzer on Celebrity Jeopardy getting his ass kicked by Andy Richter…true story.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Probably a good place to share this info:

———————-

What: BalletMet Columbus’s Costume un-Loading Dock Sale
    When: Saturday, September 26, 10am-4pm
    Where: Dance Centre Loading Dock, 322 Mt. Vernon Ave.

Looking for a Halloween costume that wows? Does your child’s dress-up collection need a makeover? Want to own a piece of BalletMet history?

BalletMet cleans out its closet with a spectacular yard sale. Up for grabs will be more than 100 costume pieces ‘retired’ from BalletMet’s collection including Soldier costumes from the perennial family favorite, The Nutcracker. Though no tutus are for sale, pieces include hoop skirts, unitards, jeans, shirts and more. Costumes for both men and women, plus small sizes perfect for children. Additionally, about 1,000 bundles of fabric and lots of trims and baubles will be for sale.

This is the second consecutive year BalletMet has hosted its costume sale.

Cash only. All proceeds benefit BalletMet Columbus.

http://www.balletmet.org

Walker wrote >>
    Probably a good place to share this info:
    ———————-
    What: BalletMet Columbus’s Costume un-Loading Dock Sale
    When: Saturday, September 26, 10am-4pm
    Where: Dance Centre Loading Dock, 322 Mt. Vernon Ave.
    Looking for a Halloween costume that wows? Does your child’s dress-up collection need a makeover? Want to own a piece of BalletMet history?
    BalletMet cleans out its closet with a spectacular yard sale. Up for grabs will be more than 100 costume pieces ‘retired’ from BalletMet’s collection including Soldier costumes from the perennial family favorite, The Nutcracker. Though no tutus are for sale, pieces include hoop skirts, unitards, jeans, shirts and more. Costumes for both men and women, plus small sizes perfect for children. Additionally, about 1,000 bundles of fabric and lots of trims and baubles will be for sale.
    This is the second consecutive year BalletMet has hosted its costume sale.
    Cash only. All proceeds benefit BalletMet Columbus.
    http://www.balletmet.org

Walker, thanks! That is an amazing resource for some solid costuming!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: