Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hal and Al's in Merion Village in new 614 magazine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Hal and Al’s in Merion Village in new 614 magazine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

oresdan

614 Magazine wrote:

Quote:
    Hot New Dives – Hal and Al’s Parsons Project

By Kate Liebers & Steve Croyle

Alt rock, alt location, alt bar…alt kinds of stuff. The main obstacle for this newly opened bar is the location, yet instead of considering the rough neighborhood a worry, Hal and Al’s made it the punch line.

Bar manager Dan Ores, 37, refers to Hal and Al’s as The Parsons Challenge. And he is even making promotional t-shirts with the motto.

Read More

Hal and Al’s

1297 Parsons Ave.

Columbus, 43205

http://www.halandals.com

blammo
    Participant

oresdan wrote >>

“It’s an alternative rock bar,” said Ores. “You’re never going to come in here and hear Steely Dan.”
    Unless, of course, you put him on your Wednesday night playlist.

C’mon, who doesn’t like listening to good ol’ Mr. Dan? LOL

michaelcoyote
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

oresdan wrote >>
    “It’s an alternative rock bar,” said Ores. “You’re never going to come in here and hear Steely Dan.”
    Unless, of course, you put him on your Wednesday night playlist.

C’mon, who doesn’t like listening to good ol’ Mr. Dan? LOL

no kidding..

joev
    Participant

I had a really good time there a few weeks ago during the Beat Oracle set. It’s nice to go to a bar and be able to talk to people while still enjoying the music. And a big cheers to this place having the guts to locate on Parsons. Hope it’s the start of better things to come for that street.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

deraj1013
    Participant

I’m so in. I’ve heard a rumor that I’ve walked there many times, but I forget walking home because of the $2 Dortmunder drafts (limited to Happy Hours).

Jennifae

Oh yes, I love the article, and encourage people to go every night except Mondays, because they are closed then. Sunday nights I host open mic comedy, and just like every other day, there is no cover, cheap drinks, and even cheaper thrills!!!

Columbusite

Will be heading back here soon. Yes, I am glad they had the guts to open up shop on Parsons and bring some culture. Here’s the before and after. Not to get too far off topic, but I hope that other entrepreneurs will take notice. The Short North “suffers” from too many destinations resulting the in “problem” of “not enough parking”. Why not go where that isn’t an issue and where it’s harder to be overlooked? If a handful of other quality destinations were to open up nearby, then Parsons (south of Livingston) would actually be an interesting place (in a good way).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: