Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grocery Shopping for Downtown residents

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Grocery Shopping for Downtown residents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Antonio

Walker wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>
    The same could be said of Nationwide moving back to the Grandview Yards.

Nationwide hasn’t “moved” anything to Grandview Yard.
    NRI is the developer, but they have no office space leased to themselves or to Nationwide.
    Furthermore, Nationwide agreed to relocate 1400 jobs Downtown as a part of their deal with Columbus/Grandview on that development:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/partnership-with-nationwide-to-yield-1400-jobs-downtown

?

They are moving from Dublin.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/grandview/stories/2010/09/08/open-house-welcomes-residents-to-the-yard.html

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

I’m not saying anything about what type of development needs to happen/not happen, however….

bike + large book bag + daily meal planning = easier/quicker/more enjoyable shopping/commuting experiences…and it’s GOT to be easier and quicker than using the bus or walking for grocery shopping.

Twixlen
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

NRI is the developer, but they have no office space leased to themselves or to Nationwide.
    Furthermore, Nationwide agreed to relocate 1400 jobs Downtown as a part of their deal with Columbus/Grandview on that development:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/partnership-with-nationwide-to-yield-1400-jobs-downtown

?
    http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/grandview/stories/2010/09/08/open-house-welcomes-residents-to-the-yard.html

That article says nothing about Nationwide Insurance moving to Grandview Yard. It speaks of Nationwide Realty being responsible for the land/leasing/development of Grandview Yard…. then it is mentioned that there is a special tax abatement offered to that location AND Nationwide is moving 1400 jobs to “downtown.”

I’m guessing the jobs will located somewhere in the Arena District – there still some vacant office space & they have the other satellite office there (which could very well absorb some people, since it doesn’t appear to be full at all).

Josh Lapp
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

?

Walker, can you disable antonio from posting links, since he obviously lacks the capacity to read and understand every article he post beyond the headline.

Twixlen
    Participant

I was trying to be nice…. but yes. Antonio, dear, your reading comprehension is abysmal.

Antonio

Twixlen wrote >>
    I was trying to be nice…. but yes. Antonio, dear, your reading comprehension is abysmal.

The part where they are moving from Dublin ?

What part of that is abysmal ?

Paul
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>
    I read in Forbes that Bellingham, WA has the highest concentration of annoying braggarts in the US. I wish downtown was that convenient.

I’m guessing that was directed towards me?

Yes, I am bragging that I lived in a city where I could walk 5 minutes from my downtown apartment to a 24-hour full-service grocery store. If that bothers you personally in some way, then you need to assess yourself and where you live, and why it offends you so much.

Walker wrote >>

Paul wrote >>
    Downtown Columbus is also a joke. You have to walk 3 miles round trip to go to a grocery store …

From Broad & High? Maybe.
    From the Battleship Building? No.
    From the LC Annex? No.
    From Flats on Vine? No.
    Really depends on where exactly you live. Downtown Columbus is pretty huge.

From 3rd and Long (the building formerly called “Connextions”)? Yes

From most of the center to east side of downtown, at least 3 miles. Unless there is some other grocery store closer than the VV Giant Eagle or BD Kroger?

futureman
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>
    I read in Forbes that Bellingham, WA has the highest concentration of annoying braggarts in the US. I wish downtown was that convenient.

+1

Paul
    Participant

futureman wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

+1

Sounds to me like you guys have a personal problem.

Antonio

Paul wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

I’m guessing that was directed towards me?
    Yes, I am bragging that I lived in a city where I could walk 5 minutes from my downtown apartment to a 24-hour full-service grocery store. If that bothers you personally in some way, then you need to assess yourself and where you live, and why it offends you so much.

Walker wrote >>

Paul wrote >>
    Downtown Columbus is also a joke. You have to walk 3 miles round trip to go to a grocery store …

From Broad & High? Maybe.
    From the Battleship Building? No.
    From the LC Annex? No.
    From Flats on Vine? No.
    Really depends on where exactly you live. Downtown Columbus is pretty huge.

From 3rd and Long (the building formerly called “Connextions”)? Yes
    From most of the center to east side of downtown, at least 3 miles. Unless there is some other grocery store closer than the VV Giant Eagle or BD Kroger?

Being able to easily walk to where you want to go defeats the entire concept of transit oriented development.

Paul
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>

Being able to easily walk to where you want to go defeats the entire concept of transit oriented development.

I completely disagree. Case in point: Vancouver.

Josh Lapp
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>

rustbelt wrote >>
    If Kroger, Giant Eagle, etc thought there was sufficient profit in opening a “downtown” location, there would be a Giant Eagle or Kroger or whatever there. No govt kick-backs, incentives, etc needed.

The same could be said of Nationwide moving back to the Grandview Yards. How many millions given away there?
    How many millions given away in tax abatement to downtown condos ?

Antonio wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

The part where you make unsubstantiated claims, and make connections that don’t exist. Or just generally say things that make no sense. I could take the time to correct all the inaccuracies that you post, but its easier just to let everyone know not to pay any attention to what you say.

Antonio

joshlapp wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

rustbelt wrote >>
    If Kroger, Giant Eagle, etc thought there was sufficient profit in opening a “downtown” location, there would be a Giant Eagle or Kroger or whatever there. No govt kick-backs, incentives, etc needed.

The same could be said of Nationwide moving back to the Grandview Yards. How many millions given away there?
    How many millions given away in tax abatement to downtown condos ?

Antonio wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

The part where you make unsubstantiated claims, and make connections that don’t exist. Or just generally say things that make no sense. I could take the time to correct all the inaccuracies that you post, but its easier just to let everyone know not to pay any attention to what you say.

LOL

Twixlen
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Dude. Ginko Biloba – you need it.

You *specifically* stated that Nationwide was moving to Grandview Yard, then questioned Walker’s correction, posting your little google searched article…. which you clearly didn’t read.

Here’s the thing. We ALL have The Google. The rest of us just know how to use it.

Antonio

Twixlen wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Dude. Ginko Biloba – you need it.
    You *specifically* stated that Nationwide was moving to Grandview Yard, then questioned Walker’s correction, posting your little google searched article…. which you clearly didn’t read.
    Here’s the thing. We ALL have The Google. The rest of us just know how to use it.

Good for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 208 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.