Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author

deraj1013
    Participant

Ooh, I like La Plaia, although it has been a minute since I went there…

My La Plaia review

patient_zero
    Participant

sbl wrote >>
    Has anyone been to La Plaia lately? Is it great. I wan to try somethink new and I think I will have to travel to the northside to do so.

I haven’t been to La Plaia for a while, though their food is delicious. They have changed their operating hours a few times, so definitely call before you go to narrow down their hours. I believe they are open for dinner only, about 4 or 5 days a week.

Tue.-Thu. 5-9PM, Fri.-Sat. 5-9:30PM, closed Sun.-Mon.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/contentbe/EPIC_shim.php?story=thisweeknews/031606/common/News/031606-News-116637.html

NotaryOne

I do like Moretti’s as well. Other favorites are:

– the ageless Florentine, on W. Broad St, near Mt. Carmel

– Villa Nova, in Worthington. Coldest beer in town.

– LaScala, on 161 west of Sawmill

– yes, and even Buca di Beppo for those large family gatherings

Someone just turned me on to La Plaia recently when my sister moved to that side of town, definitely plan on making a visit when I’m up that way because have heard amazing things.

I’d rather eat crayons than ever eat at Florentine again.

sbl

OK, I am going to go to La Plaia this week.

Several of you have mentioned Giuseppe’s.It used to be one of my favorite places. But the last several times, I had such poor and unfriendly service it ruined my visits.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

NotaryOne wrote >>
    I do like Moretti’s as well. Other favorites are:
    – the ageless Florentine, on W. Broad St, near Mt. Carmel
    – Villa Nova, in Worthington. Coldest beer in town.
    – LaScala, on 161 west of Sawmill
    – yes, and even Buca di Beppo for those large family gatherings

I like the food at Bucca. Liquor selection-or lack there of-was a turn off as was the family style. Not a good consideration if you are getting a group of friends together who may not have a date for the night.

jessicat0
    Participant

Hm, lots of restaurants to try.
    I’ll further the recommendations for Moretti’s of Arlington in the Tremont Center (not the Sawmill version). Most of the stuff is made on site (bread, pasta, all sauces, garlic butter, soup, croutons, cheesecake, ect) and the atmosphere is a good mix of relaxed but still fancy so it feels like a treat. Their patio is cute, too, in the summer.

Prices are decent. I recommend going for the regular sized entrees as they’re double+ the size of the small plates, plus a salad, for only a couple dollars more, and I’ve always enjoyed the leftovers.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Road Trip to West Jefferson for old school Italian

Ann and Tony’s, West Jefferson Italian

sbl

von wrote >>
    Cafe del Mondo, GREAT lunch spot.

Speaking of Cafe del Mondo/Fruta del Mondo (the one on N. 4th), I went there for lunch today. They have great stromboli’s and wedding soup. They reminded me that once a month, the third Thursday I believe, they have a 5 course Italian dinner, chef choice, for $28. One should call for reservations and to hear the menu. I have not done this yet, but I hope to soon.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Core_Models said:

I ate there recently for the first time and as much love as I have for old mom-and-pops, this place was downright horrible and the food was SO BAD. I was grossed out to touch any surface.

I then had a stomachache from it that still hasn’t gone away.

susank

Core_Models said:

It is odd but I recently ate there and I agree, it was bad. There are so many much better places to eat in Columbus now. Maybe back in the day mediocrity was passable, but at close to $20 a person I can’t fathom taking anyone there again.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

I do have to say, though, that I wish they would just give the place an update. Not totally redo it, because it is so cool that it’s a local tradition, but it needs a decor update as well as a food update. I’d hate to see it go away.

I was just so excited to go to this landmark restaurant and it turned out really depressing.

JazzFestAllNite
    Participant

La Plaia is the only Italian Restaurant in CBus I will give my money to. Amazing food.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think I’ve heard anybody complain about Basi.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I like Nicola’s too.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: