Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

alexs wrote >>
    There’s only so many ways you can make beef and onion and tomato.”

Weird. I’ve used that same argument for wondering how Taco Bell can keep coming up with new menu items. ;)

Food dye.

More fat!

Someone is gonna seriously have to explain the appeal of this to me:

KSquared

Bear wrote >>

Roland wrote >>
    I think I’ll give Lola’s a try tonight. All the buzz has me interested and CMHGourmand’s blog post pushed me over the edge!

+1… Lola’s is leapfrogging up my list the more I read my way down this thread….

I had a really good experience there. The basics are done well, but the specials really shine.
    Best dish has been a fresh hand cut spinach fettuccine with prosciutto in a delicious sauce that I think was some sort of red wine reduction. It was delicious. It’s a small and unassuming little place and the service is friendly and a bit leisurely in a good way. It’s worth the trip to Gahanna.

the_gila
    Participant

I work just a couple blocks from Tony’s and I have to make sure to limit the number of lunches I have there because all willpower goes out the window.

My absolute favorite is Trattoria Roma – the Rotolo di Pasta is to die for!

dirtgirl
    Participant

I’m very surprised not to see Basi or Rigsby’s listed yet.

Giuseppe’s is also great.

I’ve had mixed experiences with Giorgio, though to be honest, more dishes I tried were meh than were outstanding. It’s so close to me, though, that I might have to try it again.

lifeliberty
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

Does no one else like Tony’s? I’ve only been there once, but had such a great dinner and look forward to going back. Great date place. Just cozy enough to feel intimate, but not intimidating at all. Love it.

Somer, check this thread out for Tony’s. https://www.columbusunderground.com/tony-s-italian-ristorante-celebrates-25-years

We really like it there.

Giorgio (sp?) is ok.

Trattoria Roma is great

Scali is off the hook, but outside the city. So good, it’s one of the harder places to get a table.

lifeliberty
    Participant

salmeck wrote >>
    Giorgio’s Italian on North High in the old Talita’s location

fyi, it’s in the old R bar location, near Talitas(which is still around, but I think moved out to Whitehall or something)

Bear
    Participant

dirtgirl wrote >>

I was kinda wondering… my two faves; maybe a little more modern Italian than what people have in mind tho?

lifeliberty
    Participant

I agree. Rigsby’s is great, but doesn’t really come to mind when I think Italian. wasn’t much a fan of Basi myself, but I’ll admit I need to give it another try. I am a fan of old school Italian. When people say they want Italian food, I always think traditional.

jennyw
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>

salmeck wrote >>
    Giorgio’s Italian on North High in the old Talita’s location

fyi, it’s in the old R bar location, near Talitas(which is still around, but I think moved out to Whitehall or something)

Not to get too OT, but Talita’s is open in Grove City (that location has been open since before the Clintonville location closed).

Back on topic: I’m a big fan of Basi and Trattoria Roma.

Roland
    Participant

dirtgirl wrote >>
    Giuseppe’s is also great.

These are all really nice places and I patronize them all. The food is good, but none of them feel like an Italian restaurant to me.

I’ve been looking for the Mom-and-Pop Italian restaurant experience and I found that at Lola’s. The place had a few small rooms and a nice outdoor patio. The menu has all the traditional entrees, plus there is a sizable specials menu. Random conversations take place with the owners and SiriusXM Sinatra can be heard. We had a perfect quiet little date night and we’ll be heading out there again soon.

We ordered simple basic dishes, chicken fettuccine Alfredo and baked rigatoni with meat sauce. Everything tasted great. I was even excited to eat the leftovers the next day.

Also want to note that the garlic bread was very good.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Moretti’s on Sawmill Rd.

It may not be as upscale/modern as some of the other places, but it’s just damn delicious no-frills Italian comfort food.

I was there the other night and the Chicken Moretti put me in the greatest food coma in some time.

Hael

Core_Models wrote >>
    Someone is gonna seriously have to explain the appeal of this to me:

price and tastiness. (the sauce is good) i think tbell’s target demo is stoners with little coin.

ETA….back on topic….Carsonies in Westerville has wonderful Stromboli. http://www.carsonies.com/

aaminian
    Participant

Giuseppe’s. Period. One of my favorite dinners consists of their beet salad (insalata rosa) followed by their INCREDIBLE spaghetti and meatballs. Best in town.

sbl

Has anyone been to La Plaia lately? Is it great. I wan to try somethink new and I think I will have to travel to the northside to do so.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: