Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Does no one else like Tony’s? I’ve only been there once, but had such a great dinner and look forward to going back. Great date place. Just cozy enough to feel intimate, but not intimidating at all. Love it.

I’ve only had lunch there, but thought it was pretty tasty. Definitely a bit off the radar, despite being a really accessible location.

patient_zero
    Participant

La Plaia in a strip mall setting located in Emporium Square. Made from scratch.

@Aunt Madge While in Huntington Beach I recommend the fish tacos at Pete’s Surfside Grill there at the HB Hyatt, and the deep fried softshell crab at Matsu.
    http://matsusogood.com/

Girl, drinks on ME if you can bring back a case of Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale. I love this beer, but they don’t ship East anymore, and Ohio is one of those f**ked-up states where you can’t mail order beer.

There’s a liquor store close to Matsu that has a great deal on Cazadores Añejo Tequila, runs about $10 less over there. It and the Reposado are worth picking up if you like your tequila.

I’m serious about that ale, Auntie! Please?

somertimeoh
    Participant

@P_Z, kinda hating you for reminding me of that place. I miss most the fish taco stand that was at the end of my block. And thanks to Hurricane’s, Pierce St Annex, La Cave, and Tiki Bar for letting me get wasted all the time even though I was barely 19. I wish I was there right now :(

KSquared

DavidF wrote >>
    I had perhaps the best birthday party ever at Martini’s. It was several years ago, but a great, great memory.
    I’m a big fan of Scali’s and Guiseppe’s Ritrovo.

Those are in my top 3 along with Lola’s. OK include Basi for Top 4 :)

Roland
    Participant

I think I’ll give Lola’s a try tonight. All the buzz has me interested and CMHGourmand’s blog post pushed me over the edge!

patient_zero
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    @P_Z, kinda hating you for reminding me of that place. I miss most the fish taco stand that was at the end of my block. I wish I was there right now :(

Sorry somer! Local fish tacos pale in comparison to So Cal, don’t they?

La Scala gets my vote as one of the better Italian eateries, but I do like Tony’s in a 70′-80’s antiquated kind of way.

I’m totally looking forward to “our” 8th year anniversary party at Due Amici. It will be a splendid night, I’m sure.

Brant
    Participant

Z Cucina! (which is still open for business lol)

pez
    Participant

BCNation wrote >>
    One Italian place I loved the few times I went in grade school but haven’t been there since I was like 11…Sumeno’s (on Sawmill in Dublin), which I wonder if its still there…

Still there, they were supposed to move across the street to the shopping center where Kroger Marketplace is, but I think the owner died and there hasn’t been any construction in that space in over a year and it’s for lease again.

patient_zero wrote >>
    ack a case of Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale. I love this beer, but they don’t ship East anymore, and Ohio is one of those f**ked-up states where you can’t mail order beer.

Ohio doesn’t prohibit mail order beer. I don’t know if you can find this mail order, but there are plenty of mail order beer companies that deliver to Ohio. You may be thinking of the old prohibition on direct shipments of out of state alcohol to Ohio residents, but the Supreme Court ruled that unconstitutional a few years ago.

Aunt Madge

patient_zero wrote >>
    La Plaia in a strip mall setting located in Emporium Square. Made from scratch.
    @Aunt Madge While in Huntington Beach I recommend the fish tacos at Pete’s Surfside Grill there at the HB Hyatt, and the deep fried softshell crab at Matsu.
    http://matsusogood.com/
    Girl, drinks on ME if you can bring back a case of Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale. I love this beer, but they don’t ship East anymore, and Ohio is one of those f**ked-up states where you can’t mail order beer.

There’s a liquor store close to Matsu that has a great deal on Cazadores Añejo Tequila, runs about $10 less over there. It and the Reposado are worth picking up if you like your tequila.
    I’m serious about that ale, Auntie! Please?

If I tried to sneak all of that through LAX they’d probably arrest me and you’d never see me again! :( You are right, the restaurants are really good out here. But I think Columbus cannot be beaten when it comes to Italian Eateries (maybe by New York), but we have a lot of the real deal right here. I still vote for Martini’s as my fav, but I really like Tony’s across the street from German Village on Beck for something a little different. I was saddened when the original BG Salvi’s, both Dublin Road and S. Front, closed; the one that remains off Rome-Hilliard Road by Trabue is OK, but nothin like the other two.

Bear
    Participant

Roland wrote >>
    I think I’ll give Lola’s a try tonight. All the buzz has me interested and CMHGourmand’s blog post pushed me over the edge!

+1… Lola’s is leapfrogging up my list the more I read my way down this thread….

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Once I had a co-worker who said “I hate Italian food, there’s only so many ways you can make beef and onion and tomato.”

salmeck

Giorgio’s Italian on North High in the old Talita’s location is the “sleeper” Italian restaurant of the last one or two years. It’s small, but never crowded; good music (Paul Brown and Jeff McCargish were playing the last night I was there); the food is marvelous; the portions generous; and the price is outrageously affordable. I’d refrained from writing anything good about them because I want them all to myself…but alas the secret is out. Any of the lasagnas rock as do all the raviolis and stuffed pasta…

I didn’t read the whole thread, but would love to find good Northern Italian. YEARS and YEARS ago, there was a place in the Atrium Center up by 270 and Cleveland that was off the charts good but only open for a few months.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

alexs wrote >>
    There’s only so many ways you can make beef and onion and tomato.”

Weird. I’ve used that same argument for wondering how Taco Bell can keep coming up with new menu items. ;)

Walker wrote >>

alexs wrote >>
    There’s only so many ways you can make beef and onion and tomato.”

Weird. I’ve used that same argument for wondering how Taco Bell can keep coming up with new menu items. ;)

Food dye.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: