Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

KSquared

DavidF wrote >>
    I doubt that’s Lola. Certainly a friend of the restaurant, but I’ve been there and it is damn good. It is tiny and there’s no liquor license, but the food has been great every time I’ve been there.

They do have beer and wine. Is that a different license?

tourist19
    Participant

Lola’s is awesome. I was really impressed with everything. Not so much with the man I was meeting there, but the excellence of the food totally made the date less painful!

I also have a place in my heart for Villa Nova. When I want something smothered in cheese it’s where I head.

BCNation
    Participant

Pasquale’s in Uptown Westerville is a great place.

sbl

I like Cardone’s in Westerville also.

gk

Lola’s gets my vote. She uses nothing but the best ingredients and adds her creative, passionate flair to all her meals. Quaint place inside; incredibly reasonable in price. Truly a hidden gem.

P.S. Her desserts are incredible. Try her carrot cake, tiramisu and bread pudding. Yum!

gk

DavidF wrote >>
    I doubt that’s Lola. Certainly a friend of the restaurant, but I’ve been there and it is damn good. It is tiny and there’s no liquor license, but the food has been great every time I’ve been there.

Lola’s does have a wine license and sells it by the bottle or glass. Perfect for any italian meal!

BCNation
    Participant

sbl wrote >>
    I like Cardone’s in Westerville also.

The owner of Cardone’s came to speak to a small crowd of Otterbein students about entrepreneurship last year.

KenOC

I miss LaTavola.

[Disclosure: My wife used to work there during her Chicago->Cbus transition.]

Aunt Madge

Is Martini’s still on N. High at Vine?? When the place opened I used to just love going there. They had a wonderful chardonnay wine that tasted like crisp apples, they stopped serving it because they changed their wine list and no one knows what it was called … so if anyone can tell me the name of it or what they think it might have been I would appreciate it, so I can look around out here in CA for it before I return home, and bring a bunch with me. But back to the original question, is Martini’s still there???

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Aunt Madge wrote >>
    But back to the original question, is Martini’s still there???

Yes, and they just remodeled a year ago:

Mitchell’s Martini to get makeover in Short North

somertimeoh
    Participant

Oooooh, Aunt Madge, you’re in my old stomping grounds :) So jealous. Give OC a big hug for me!!!

Does no one else like Tony’s? I’ve only been there once, but had such a great dinner and look forward to going back. Great date place. Just cozy enough to feel intimate, but not intimidating at all. Love it.

DavidF
    Participant

I had perhaps the best birthday party ever at Martini’s. It was several years ago, but a great, great memory.

I’m a big fan of Scali’s and Guiseppe’s Ritrovo.

catnfiddle
    Participant

There are so many places I still haven’t patronized. Martini’s is one of them. Migod, I need to start hitting some lunch specials!

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Regarding the Lola post that led this off. You will see the exact same post as a comment on my blog back in August – almost word for word.

Lola’s Baci: Going to Gahanna

I think Lola is great.

Other places that I like

TAT
    Scali
    Moretti’s
    Pasquale’s – lasangna
    Cardone’s – lunch

BCNation
    Participant

One Italian place I loved the few times I went in grade school but haven’t been there since I was like 11…Sumeno’s (on Sawmill in Dublin), which I wonder if its still there…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: