Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Great Italian Restaurants in Columbus

This topic contains 75 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sbl 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author

sbl

Who’s your favorite Italian restaurant? I have a few favorites but last night I was happy to find one that goes to the top of my short list. Try Lola Baci in Gahanna. Upon arriving we were warmly greated by Lola. My husband and I both had the specials. I had the mushroom risotto w/ very tender perfectly cooked filets. My Husband had their ravioli of the day; Lobster ravioli. Both entrees where great! We do not usually order dessert but since they make their own tiramisu it seemed like the right thing to do. It did not disappoint. After dinner Lola insisted we go into the kitchen to meet the chefs. My husband asked if they ever have linguine and clam sauce on the menu (one of his all time favorites) and the chef said that next time we plan to come to call ahead and he would put it on the menu for the night. That’s accommodation. The service was excellent as well. And we did not have to beg for bread, they brought it out to us once we were seated. I will definitely go back there,

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Butch’s on Gender in Canal Winchester is always worth the short trip outside the outer belt. Scali’s on 256 is worth a visit as well.

ETA

Check this thread out as well.

Tigertree

Are you Lola? That’s quite a glowing review for a first post.

pez
    Participant

Moretti’s on Sawmill, but I’m willing to try any Italian.

Angel

Vittoria’s up on sawmill and morretti’s in tremont ceter are my favorites.

the cruise director
    Participant

I’ve never been to the Moretti’s on Sawmill, but my husband and I really love the Moretti’s in Upper Arlington

lisathewaitress
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    Are you Lola? That’s quite a glowing review for a first post.

Normally I would be there with you, but I’ve seen similar glowing first-time reviews of this place. I’ll go sometime this week full of snark and then we’ll see how good it is! j/k

DavidF
    Participant

I doubt that’s Lola. Certainly a friend of the restaurant, but I’ve been there and it is damn good. It is tiny and there’s no liquor license, but the food has been great every time I’ve been there.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Pastaria in the North Market is quite good (and very affordable)

sbl

No, I am not Lola. I just had a great meal there and wanted to share!
    And I’m not a friend of Lola’s either. The resturant was recommended and we tried it.

Trixie
    Participant

Moretti’s in Arlington.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

Cafe del Mondo, GREAT lunch spot.

Tenzo
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    Scali’s on 256 is worth a visit as well.
    ETA
    Check this thread out as well.

Scali’s is my favorite.
    Best Italian.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I have to agree, Sacli’s is also my favotite.
    I love it’s authenticity, yes there is a Mama Scali.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

There’s this place called “The Spaghetti Warehouse” …

Just kidding, but my Dad LOVES the place.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: