Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Ideas/Concepts to Steal from Other Cities

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Great Ideas/Concepts to Steal from Other Cities

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Author

Manatee wrote >>
    When pants end at mid-thigh, they are called shorts. And those are fabric loafers, my friend.

I say wear shorts…or wear a suit…but you must pick one ;)

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

Manatee wrote >>
    When pants end at mid-thigh, they are called shorts. And those are fabric loafers, my friend.

not in bermuda..

anyway, here’s something for the gents..

I present CopenhangenCycleChic:

I wholly support stealing cute and stylish girls from Copenhagen…

JonMyers
    Participant

Very cool website.

blammo
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

Manatee wrote >>

Au contraire, the shorts and suit combo is a classic look, steeped in grace, civility, and comfort. A little continental flair lets the populace know what manner of men they are dealing with.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

NICE

LOL B, I actually thought about Angus like an hour after I posted that last night!

byJody
    Participant

Long Beach’s New Sharrows Video (thanks to @yaybikes)

Brant
    Participant

Toronto city council just voted to fund city beautification projects with a new tax on billboards.

A massive congratulatory shout out and thank you is due to Devon Ostrom and the [url=http://beautifulcity.ca]Beautiful City Alliance[/url] on behalf of the city of Toronto. With little but an imperative to act, a willingness to collaborate, and the long-suffering of an ascetic, this determined group of young people were able to establish some cultural sustainability within the city by successfully petitioning council for a new tax on billboards, with a percentage of the monies generated going to a fund for city beautification through local arts. The billboard tax passed a day or so ago, at $10.4 million in revenue annually along with the new bylaw!

RTWT[/url]

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

a grilled cheese street cart, preferably located on the way from the james to my house please.

KSquared

Does Columbus have any food themed festivals? I know we have Taste of the Independents/Taste the Future, which are awesome, but not everyone can afford the tickets. I think something like that, but free, would highlight the amazing independent restaurants that Columbus has and maybe expose more people to them? I’m just not sure how difficult it would be to organize. I know we had a Taste of Columbus many years back but not sure what happened to it.

For me, the Asian Festival is all about food.

How about intersection murals?

Talcott

ooh, I like the intersection murals a lot. What I’d really like to see would be those done as trompe l’oeil, but I suspect that an illusion of a giant hole in the middle of the street might be a bit of a hazard.

An awesome hazard, mind you.

Viewing 12 posts - 166 through 177 (of 177 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: