Our City Online

Messageboard - Travel

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Great Day Trips?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Travel Great Day Trips?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I would suggest going south through Athens and heading to Point Pleasant, WV to go visit the mothman statute. This is a beautiful time of year down there and the views are gorgeous.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

hungrywoolf wrote >>
    We went to Dawes Arborteum[/url] last weekend and it is really beautiful.

I think the family is heading here today. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Newark?

joev
    Participant

Why not stay overnight one day? You really can see a lot more that way. I love going up to the Grand River Valley vineyards in NEOhio this time of year. Harvest is wrapping up and the weather seems perfectly suited.
    I did a Cleveland weekend earlier this month – great for food!
    I want to go to Jungle Jim’s near Cincinnati as well.
    One trip I haven’t done but would love to is a driving trip to the Hopewell and Adena mounds in Chillicothe, Newark, Bainbridge and Warren County. I love archaeology, and haven’t visited the stuff in my own backyard.

Mercurius
    Participant

Malabar Farm

Mercurius
    Participant

jmak wrote >>

hungrywoolf wrote >>
    We went to Dawes Arborteum[/url] last weekend and it is really beautiful.

I think the family is heading here today. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Newark?

I’d actually head to Granville instead of Newark.

Core_Models wrote >>
    I could spend a day in Granville. Lots of cool old buildings, the alligator mound, good food at several places (and spots to get a drink), and its the home of Steve Carrell. Buxton Inn, the Short Story, Brews Cafe all worth a stop.

gk

Apple Valley Lake is a pleasant, tony resort about an hour’s drive from Columbus near Mount Vernon. Great for sailing and relaxing.

blammo
    Participant

gk wrote >>
    Apple Valley Lake is a pleasant, tony resort about an hour’s drive from Columbus near Mount Vernon. Great for sailing and relaxing.

I have never successfully and un-selfconsciously been able to use the adjective “tony”, so for this achievement, I salute you.

joev
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

gk wrote >>

I have never successfully and un-selfconsciously been able to use the adjective “tony”, so for this achievement, I salute you.

I’m always confused by the different grammatical uses for Tony, Toni and Toné.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

I’m always confused by the different grammatical uses for Tony, Toni and Toné.

I believe you’re thinking of the R & B group:

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    I could spend a day in Granville. Lots of cool old buildings, the alligator mound, good food at several places (and spots to get a drink), and its the home of Steve Carrell. Buxton Inn, the Short Story, Brews Cafe all worth a stop.

Took your advice – just got back from Granville. It’s a wonderfully quaint little town. The only downside was we asked a local where we should eat dinner and they recommended a place called Del Mar. The food was barely edible but pricey and the service was terrible. Other than that though, we had a great time.

catnfiddle
    Participant

jmak wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>

Took your advice – just got back from Granville. It’s a wonderfully quaint little town. The only downside was we asked a local where we should eat dinner and they recommended a place called Del Mar. The food was barely edible but pricey and the service was terrible. Other than that though, we had a great time.

Please tell me you at least got the kids ice cream at Victoria’s Parlour.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>

jmak wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>

Please tell me you at least got the kids ice cream at Victoria’s Parlour.

we offered them the choice of ice cream from there or candy from “Grammas.” They opted for candy.

Tenzo
    Participant

Jungle Jims

Going Saturday

gk

Hyde Park in Cincinnati makes for a lovely day trip. Very urban, chic inner city neighborhood with eclectic, upscale shops and great restaurants with outdoor seating. The surrounding midrise apartment buildings and historic homes are an architect’s delight.

Mercurius
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Travel’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS