Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 795 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

With all the new streets and upgrades being made in and around Grandview Yard are there any plans to add bike lanes? It would make more sense now to make the streets wide enough to accommodate bikes then try to add bike lanes in further down the road.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

NRI has added a second construction cam to their Grandview Yard website showing the new Nationwide development. http://www.grandviewyard.com/Location/Progress.aspx

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple new photos today from the Nationwide Insurance office development at The Yard:

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-march-2015-part-1

News
    Participant

Grandview Yard Adding Second Hotel with Courtyard by Marriott
    April 10, 2015 7:00 am – Walker Evans

Since 2010, the 126-room Hyatt Place has stood as the lone hotel at Grandview Yard, but that will change in 2016. Nationwide Realty Investors (NRI) announced yesterday that a new Courtyard by Marriott hotel would be added to the development’s plans.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/grandview-yard-adding-second-hotel-with-courtyard-by-marriott

—————-

The Grand Event Center Announced at Grandview Yard
    April 10, 2015 7:00 am – Walker Evans

Grandview Yard quickly become a true “mixed use” development with an arrangement of office space, apartments, restaurants, hotels, a grocery store, a brewery, a fitness center, greenspace and more. One thing it lacks is event/conference space, but that is scheduled to change over the course of the next year. Grandview Yard developer Nationwide Realty Insurance (NRI) announced The Grand Event Center yesterday, a new 13,000 square foot event space that will complement the addition of a new Courtyard by Marriott hotel next door.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-grand-event-center-announced-at-grandview-yard

futureman
    Participant

This area is looking to be ideal for taking out my quadcopter for practice and I might as well take some photos as well ;)

Looking South:

Looking North:

Looking East, Burrell Avenue reconstruction becoming 1st ave.

surber17
    Participant

Awesome! I want a drone big time

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

surber17
    Participant

I just parked there today and rode my bike into downtown. Took less than 10 min. and the new “feeder” into the bike path is pretty cool

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I wonder how good the view is for Red White and Boom from the Giant Eagle balcony?

hometown
    Participant

Still no sidewalks beneath Third Avenue bridge. Arrrgggghhhh!!!!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Still no sidewalks beneath Third Avenue bridge. Arrrgggghhhh!!!!

no doubt.

I complained about this when they closed off 3rd ave for what felt like years.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Are those supposed to be implemented this year? I heard something about 2016 which seems ridiculously far off.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’d love to see the stats on traffic increase on 3rd ave. over the last year. It get’s crazy backed up around 5pm every week day now on the east side of the river. It’s not uncommon to see it backed up to Katalina’s.

Rahburts
    Participant

I hope they sync with Gowdy Field to create some sort of Pedestrian walkway/path to link with Grandview Yard somewhere in the middle. That space is a sea of parking but with consolidation into several parking structures, that land would be great for a couple of residential projects as an expansion of a neighborhood.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’d love to see the stats on traffic increase on 3rd ave. over the last year. It get’s crazy backed up around 5pm every week day now on the east side of the river. It’s not uncommon to see it backed up to Katalina’s.

No wonder, that light at 3rd and Olentangy can feel like ages.

In for a 2-4 lane roundabout lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE