Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 795 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah the new Muirfield golf course on 3rd looks like it’s going to be blacktop parking lots :-/

tonloc620
    Participant

That plan is outdated since Nationwide Insurance announced moving 3,000 jobs to Grandview Yard, Here is the link to the most up to date plan

http://www.grandviewyard.com/Portals/0/pdf/Master-Plan-with%20Labels-7-14.pdf

futureman
    Participant

I believe it actually is at least kind of current. It does show the Nationwide campus and is from the July 1st 2014 traffic study here http://www.grandviewheights.org/DocumentCenter/View/1239.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Any word on the 3rd Ave bridge? I remember when they were tearing up the road last year that they were talking about widening the bridge. Surprised they didn’t do it at that time.

futureman
    Participant

For those interested, here is what Waggenbrener is planning http://oh-grandviewheights.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/1288. It’s going to be called The Homes on Pullman Way and I believe it is area between Williams and Burr next to Capital. It is going to be split between single homes and multiunit 3 story buildings.

surber17
    Participant

Thanks for the update….. I bet these sell very very fast even at 400-500 grand

derm
    derm
    Participant

Did I miss the price? No way they sell at 400-500k. Unless they have four bedrooms and a much bigger yard in the back for the single families they better keep them 300k or less. They will sit until the angels come at a half mill with three bedrooms, possibly even with four.

dru
    Participant

Did I miss the price? No way they sell at 400-500k. Unless they have four bedrooms and a much bigger yard in the back for the single families they better keep them 300k or less. They will sit until the angels come at a half mill with three bedrooms, possibly even with four.

If their similarly-designed single family homes in HW are selling for $400+, why would a similar product with the amenities of Grandview not be in the same range?

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

Based on the basement egress windows, I bet they have the option for an extra BDR in the basement, which will probably give the 4th. The Harrison Park homes are also 20′ wide. I’d be surprised is they stay much under $500K for the detached homes.

jgeorge300
    jgeorge300
    Participant

Two spec new builds of similar size sold for ~$450k in HW two years ago. Another is being built which will probably be similarly priced. When you add in GVH schools, these houses will probably start at over $500k.

News
    Participant

New Homes and Townhomes Planned for Grandview Heights
    February 26, 2015 10:37 am – Walker Evans

If there’s one thing that the City of Grandview Heights lacks, it’s new single family housing stock. The 100+ acre Grandview Yard development has added over 270 new apartment units to the city since 2012, but no homes for sale, until now. Wagenbrenner Development presented a proposal to the City of Grandview that would add 20 new single-family homes and 25 for-sale townhomes to a portion of Grandview Yard adjacent to the more traditional homes of Grandview Heights.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-homes-and-townhomes-planned-for-grandview-heights

derm
    derm
    Participant

Now that I see the size, they could very well sell for that much. 1500 sf is going for 300+k hereabouts and they are double size of that.

mebe
    Participant

Yes, a previous article in Business First or Dispatch said they will start at $450k. Optional rooms in attic or basement. I’ve got a 3-bedroom, 2-bath in Grandview, built in 1928 and updated (incl. a new 2-car garage last year and a new high-efficiency furnace this year) for sale for $385,000 if anyone is interested. About 1500 sq. ft.

futureman
    Participant

I broke out my newish drone in the Grandview Yard area today and decided to take a photo. It’s about 85′ up and facing north towards the Giant Eagle Market District. To the right is probably the parking garage and the middle is the start of the Nationwide campus. I would’ve gone higher but it was windy and I’m still building my confidence with the drone ;)

http://1drv.ms/1ENrO0L

Using a DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE