Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 795 total)
  • Author

A161830
    Participant

I was told by someone involved in the project that GE will be opening in August.

sph1978
    Participant

Anyone know what’s going in at “Zone P”? It’s the area where there are currently demolishing buildings (loeb electric area) The most recent master plan shows a new road running north/south through it and it is surrounded by Burr, Bobcat, and Williams.

Also, anyone know where can i find out when there are planning meetings discussing the Yard?

Thanks!

futureman
    Participant

It’s my understanding everything west of Bobcat Ave is now being considered for single residence houses.

Also I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet, but there is growing opposition to changes going to made to Northwest Blvd. Turn lanes are being added in both directions to Burr and Williams, a larger turn lane onto to Goodale and the rerouting of 1st to Burr is going to have a significant reduction in size of median. Any thoughts?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Also, anyone know where can i find out when there are planning meetings discussing the Yard?

Grandview’s city page has a ton of good info and should point you in the right direction – http://www.grandviewheights.org/DocumentCenter/Index/18

News
    Participant

Press Release:
    PANERA BREAD OPENS NEWEST DRIVE-THRU BAKERY-CAFÉ TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28 AT GRANDVIEW YARD

Celebration includes travel mug giveaway with two weeks FREE coffee

Covelli Enterprises, the largest franchisee of Panera Bread, is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its newest Panera Bread drive-thru location in Grandview on Tuesday, October 28 at 6:00am. The new bakery-café will be located at 880 West 3rd Avenue at Grandview Yard near the Giant Eagle Market District.

The previous Panera Bread location on Grandview Avenue closed on Sunday, October 12. The move to Grandview Yard allows the restaurant more parking and the addition of a convenient drive thru to better serve its loyal Grandview customers.

The newly relocated Panera Bread will celebrate its opening with several grand opening special offers and giveaways: the first 500 dine-in customers who make a purchase Tuesday starting at 10 a.m. will receive a FREE travel mug and two-weeks of FREE coffee refills. Tuesday and Wednesday, customers will receive a $5 gift card with the purchase of a You-Pick-Two® to use on future visits. Thursday, all breakfast sandwiches and egg soufflés are half price. These offers will be honored only at the new bakery-café location in Grandview.

In keeping with the company’s tradition of giving back to the community, Panera Bread has also partnered with a veterans group as part of the Grand Opening. For every $5 gift card redeemed at the store location during the first two weeks of opening, Panera Bread will donate $1 to Project Welcome Home Troops, an organization that assists veterans in their transition back into civilian life. The new location will host a Ribbon Cutting on Friday, November 14 and will present a check for the amount raised during the opening promotion.

wpcc88
    Participant

Just thought that I would mention that “Mt. Grandview” is no longer. It looks like the site prep for the new Nationwide campus has begun as well.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I also noticed that they’ve planned some very fast-growing vibrant green grass on the north end of the site. Looks nice if the drop in temperatures hasn’t already killed it off for the winter. ;)

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Are the new NW buildings going to be on that site with the grass?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah that grass is nuts. Looks like a golf course on that end.

GCrites80s
    Participant

It was only a month or two ago that the Big Bear guide signs came down.

wpcc88
    Participant

Are the new NW buildings going to be on that site with the grass?

I believe they will be a little south of that; the land that is being prepped is right behind the TWC & first OSU Medical Building.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Got it. I found a nice map that showed all of the buildings going into the Yard. Anyone know if there’s any plans for the grassy area directly across from the GetGo and Panera? It didn’t look like anything had been planned for there yet.

futureman
    Participant

Site Plan

I ran across an updated site plan for the Grandview Yard. It doesn’t seem to take into account the recent announcement of single family homes between burrell and williams, but otherwise seems fairly accurate … and of course everything can change.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Yeah that grass is nuts. Looks like a golf course on that end.

I’d like to know what kind of grass that is/was because i need redo my yard in the spring :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I ran across an updated site plan for the Grandview Yard. It doesn’t seem to take into account the recent announcement of single family homes between burrell and williams, but otherwise seems fairly accurate … and of course everything can change.

Good find. Looks like most all of the surface parking planned is pretty well hidden, especially from Yard Street.

Except for poor old Third. Surface parking galore! :P

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: