Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 795 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

As far as the skywalk goes, I don’t think this is over Yard Street. Why would it be. I have no objection with skywalks connecting these buildings.

surber17
    Participant

Agreed, the skywalk prob just goes to the parking garage. Not a big deal there. Really all I care about is yard street. As long as that has ground floor walkable retail then I’m fine with them continuing the current layout plans.

buckeyecpa
    Participant

They’re will be a need for a larger gym. It’s already packed before and after work. With the continuing growth of the area I can’t imagine what it will be like.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

They’re will be a need for a larger gym. It’s already packed before and after work. With the continuing growth of the area I can’t imagine what it will be like.

Need some more lunch options close by too. Haufbrau Haus will be joining Jason’s Deli and Buckeye HoF Grill soon, but that’s a small number of places for 3,400 new workers within walking distance.

wpcc88
    Participant

They need bars and restaurants with roof-top patios on the east end of the development. Killer views of downtown, the only bad thing would be a train coming by but that is random so it shouldn’t play too much of a factor.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

If there isn’t retail on the first floor I don’t have much objection to skywalks. It’s a corporate campus, it’s expected to get from point a to b without going outside. How the skywalks are executed is important though, making sure it doesn’t block views and is open, like the Hilton skywalk.

But, there should be retail on the first floor if this a mixed use project (as cited by the Grandview Yard website). But, given the northern section build out, I doubt this will occur.

This seems like if no one else will build here (Nationwide), so we might as well to strengthen the overall vision. I’d love to see some sort of high profile retail store setup, but that isn’t happening right now. 3,000 employees is a lot to move in to an area. It will have great benefit to whole surrounding area. This what people should focus on, honestly.

Agreed. But let’s also keep in mind that a corporate office probably has additional challenges to adding retail. Namely, security. I think a lot of those problems are mitigated if there’s a ton of retail development in the surrounding area and my guess is, with this announcement, developers will be itching to do that. But agree that the last thing we want is to see the kind of dead zone you see around downtown Nationwide campus. An interesting challenge if they’re going for length instead of height.

futureman
    Participant

I’m interested in the site layout. The below plan has been fairly accurate so far.

site layout

Looks like they would take maybe six buildings along yard street. Those building would be facing yard street with a parking garage behind. Come Monday I’m hoping it’ll be a bit more certain.

Great for Grandview, already the income tax from the yard is 600K and according to the Business First article with this announcement it will hit 3 million by 2019.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

In more current news… the office building, parking deck and Hofbrauhaus are coming along quickly…

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-june-part-2

News
    Participant

Nationwide Office Relocation Plan Takes Steps Forward in Grandview
    June 30, 2014 9:25 pm – Walker Evans

Nationwide Insurance is the fifth largest employer in Central Ohio, and is working on plans to relocate roughly 3,000 of its employees closer to the core of the region. More specifically, those employees may soon be headed to Grandview Yard, the 100-acre mixed-use area in Grandview Heights being developed by the Nationwide Realty Investors (NRI) arm of the company.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/nationwide-office-relocation-plan-takes-steps-forward-in-grandview

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Maybe the suburban jobs that move to the new site will encourage carpooling or mass transit use. Some Grandview residents are concerned about the possibility of 3000 cars speeding past Grandview Elementary every morning on their way from Dublin, Hilliard and northwest suburbs. I only see the positive: if my West First address does become Nationwide-Dublin Speedway, I will own prime billboard space.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some Grandview residents are concerned about the possibility of 3000 cars speeding past Grandview Elementary every morning on their way from Dublin, Hilliard and northwest suburbs.

Not all of the employees there live in Dublin, Hilliard and the NW suburbs. It was said at the City Council meeting last night that employees that work there come from all over the region.

Further, it’s a little silly to think that anyone is going to drive from Dublin to Grandview Yard by taking Northwest Boulevard to Fishinger to Reed to Bethel to Sawmill to wherever else. It would take an hour. They’re going to take 33 or 315 most likely if traveling in that direction. That’s where the increase in traffic will be.

wpcc88
    Participant

A new hotel and conference center along Goodale was announced as well, tricky NRI :).

derm
    derm
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JaredThompson wrote:</div>
    Some Grandview residents are concerned about the possibility of 3000 cars speeding past Grandview Elementary every morning on their way from Dublin, Hilliard and northwest suburbs.

Not all of the employees there live in Dublin, Hilliard and the NW suburbs. It was said at the City Council meeting last night that employees that work there come from all over the region.

Further, it’s a little silly to think that anyone is going to drive from Dublin to Grandview Yard by taking Northwest Boulevard to Fishinger to Reed to Bethel to Sawmill to wherever else. It would take an hour. They’re going to take 33 or 315 most likely if traveling in that direction. That’s where the increase in traffic will be.

Correct sir. Goodale will take traffic off 33 faster from the west and off 315 from the east. NW will take most of the north traffic. First will take the traffic from UA and such. To be honest, they have been talking about rerouting traffic for years. It has always been pandemonium at the bell. The worst offenders are actually the late parents who try to get the kid in before tardy will stop in the middle of first to let kids out, sometimes across a traffic lane. Those are all K-3 age kids too. Anyone trying to get to work at that time will avoid RLS like the plague.

Now at lunchtime when people go to get food……………

They could do a food truck court there.

futureman
    Participant

With this probably kicking off in 2015, I’m curious how much longer we have to wait to get the 3rd ave railroad bridge gets replaced? and subsequently 3rd to be widened and enhanced (sidewalks, landscaping, street lights)? Looking at the site layout you can see some significant changes expected to occur to accommodate access to the new parking garages on the unnamed road along the railroad tracks.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

So relieved they’re building parking garages right out of the gate rather than massive surface lots as the old site plan eluded.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE