Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 795 total)
  • Author

hajames66
    Participant

It’s about time. Anyone know when 3rd will fully open? It’s a pain in the but one way.

futureman
    Participant

hajames66 said:
    It’s about time. Anyone know when 3rd will fully open? It’s a pain in the but one way.

It was supposed to have opened up end of October both directions … but things got delayed. I remain hopeful though it reopen once the temperatures warm up and they can put asphalt down. The section from the railroad tracks to Olentangy has already received it’s final layer of asphalt.

Leahy255
    Participant

What will happen to Neil Ave Giant Eagle?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Noticed core sampling / ground work is being done at the SE intersection of Third and Edgehill.

More photos, here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2013-part-1

heresthecasey
    Participant

Leahy255 said:
    What will happen to Neil Ave Giant Eagle?

I’m really hoping for a Trader Joes.

futureman
    Participant

Pretty big news for Grandview Yard, Hofbrauhaus (as rumored here) is officially going in the parcel in the south east section along with another office building. This is the area across Yard Street from the existing office building and Hyatt Place.

Plans progressing for Yard’s southeast corner
    German-style restaurant is among planned development
    By ALAN FROMAN
    ThisWeek Community New

Grandview Heights City Council is expected to vote on two pieces of legislation relating to the Grandview Yard development at its meeting Monday, Dec. 2.

The first ordinance is to accept the final plat for about 7.2 acres of property referred to as Grandview Yard Southeast.

Nationwide Realty Investors, the Yard’s developer, has announced that Hofbrauhaus, a restaurant and German-style beer hall, will open a location within the southeast parcel. The restaurant has a location in Cleveland.

The developer also is expected to present a proposed office development for the property at next month’s planning commission meeting, Mayor Ray DeGraw said.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/grandview/news/2013/11/25/plans-progressing-for-yards-southeast-corner.html

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Hofbrauhaus vs. Ale House

FIGHT!

bayrea
    Participant

Reviews of Ale House online compare it to a glorified Applebees.. not impressed

InnerCore
    Participant

bayrea said:

Yeah, they have Miller’s Ale house down here in Florida. It’s essentially your typical strip mall Applebees/Chili’s with a larger selection of beers.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Here’s the Ale House draft list from their web site. I picture that scene from the Simpson’s when Homer tours the duff brewery and all the duff varieties flow from the same pipe. Also, as a proud pedant, I have to point out this so-called ale house has a lot of lager but very little ale.

“Amstel Light
    Angry Orchard
    Audible
    Bass Ale
    Batch 19
    Blue Moon Belgian White
    Blue Moon Seasonal
    Bud Light
    Budweiser
    Coors Light
    Dos Equis Lager
    Foster’s
    Goose Island 312
    Goose Island Honkers
    Guinness Draught
    Harp Lager
    Heineken
    Henry Weinhards
    Icehouse
    Killian’s Red
    Leinenkugel’s Seasonal
    Long Hammer IPA
    Magic Hat
    Miller64
    Miller Lite
    Michelob Amber Bock
    Michelob Ultra
    Newcastle Brown Ale
    Rogue Dead Guy
    Samuel Adams Boston Lager
    Samuel Adams Seasonal
    Sea Dog Blue Paw
    Shipyard Export Ale
    Smithwick’s
    Stella Artois
    Third Shift
    Yuengling Lager

… and many more regional favorites!”

ETA: Hofbrauhaus wins almost by default.

futureman
    Participant

InnerCore said:
    Yeah, they have Miller’s Ale house down here in Florida. It’s essentially your typical strip mall Applebees/Chili’s with a larger selection of beers.

Plus a massive sign that looks like it should be 70 feet up next to a highway exit ramp.

Anyway…

For those interested in how the Hofbrauhaus beer garden and the new office building might be aligned, the official GY website had this layout buried in the section about about being a green neighborhood:

kit444
    Participant

bayrea said:

I was there last week. The comparison I had in mind was Bennigan’s. A lot of beers and a lot of TVs. Not the worst combo in the world in my opinion.

lattethunder
    Participant

bayrea said:

Well yeah. I mean, the signage, location, and marketing for the one in Columbus gives this expectation.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

spfld_expat said:
    Here’s the Ale House draft list from their web site. I picture that scene from the Simpson’s when Homer tours the duff brewery and all the duff varieties flow from the same pipe.

That’s not far from the truth.

surber17
    Participant

from that pic, it looks like there will be another parking garage for the new office/HB House …… btw I love the Northern Kentucky one.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: