Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 795 total)
  • Author

DavidF
    Participant

Walker said:
    Chik-Fil-A is delicious. We’d love to have one closer to Downtown than Stringtown Road.

+1

futureman
    Participant

Is there any open space on the first floor of the office building for a Chik-Fil-A?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I agree, Chik-Fil-A has the best chicken sandwich in town.

If it turns out to be true, I bet it would be a free-standing store on an outparcel fronting Goodale.

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

The rumors I’ve heard is that there are talks to put a Chik-Fil-A at the site on the corner of Goodale and Olentangy where Liberty’s used to be.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Chik-Fil-A spicy chicken sandwich with some of their slaw on top with some of the hot sauce on top of that…can someone deliver please?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

futureman said:
    Is there any open space on the first floor of the office building for a Chik-Fil-A?

I don’t believe so. Both of the ground-floor restaurant spaces in that building are already filled (Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill & Jason’s Deli).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

VicVillage Guy said:
    The rumors I’ve heard is that there are talks to put a Chik-Fil-A at the site on the corner of Goodale and Olentangy where Liberty’s used to be.

In that existing building, or would it be demo’ed and rebuilt? Hopefully the former if that site rumor turns out to be true.

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

I’ve heard a complete tear down and rebuilt. I’ve heard this rumor for awhile but i don’t think anything is signed off on yet.

tolemac5050
    Participant

would hate to see that grand old bank building be razed..

somertimeoh
    Participant

DavidF said:
    +1

+18576590
    I’m in Grove City enough that I get my fix, but man I’d love to pop in every morning and get a jumbo unsweetened(sorry, southern roots) tea in a styrofoam cup fix before heading off to work.

cc

Walker said:
    In that existing building, or would it be demo’ed and rebuilt? Hopefully the former if that site rumor turns out to be true.

Are you guys talking about the building on the corner of 3rd and Olentangy where Liberty’s was? I don’t think that is part of Grandview Yard and that would be a pretty big building to tear down for a Chick Fil A.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Walker said:
    Chik-Fil-A is delicious. We’d love to have one closer to Downtown than Stringtown Road.

It’s not the worst possible option by any means, and it still trumps McDonalds in terms of taste and quality. I guess I was just hoping for something a bit more unique as opposed to chain fast food.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

NEOBuckeye said:
    It’s not the worst possible option by any means, and it still trumps McDonalds in terms of taste and quality. I guess I was just hoping for something a bit more unique as opposed to chain fast food.

I’m a staunch supporter of all things local… but at the end of the day it’s unrealistic to go 100% local 24/7.

If there are non-local things that people like (Target, Chik-Fil-A, Best Buy, Trader Joes) that you can’t have near Downtown, then it leaves those people no choice but to venture into the suburbs for it.

catnfiddle
    Participant

The neat thing about Grandview / 5XNW is that it has a great mix of chains and local food selections. It’s up there with having Rife’s still thriving despite its immediate proximity to a Giant Eagle. All selections for all tastes.

futureman
    Participant

Walker said:

Perhaps the former Lyon Video building would be the site? That building is suppose to come down as a part of this development.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE