Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 795 total)
  • Author

HighLife
    Participant

It’s happening again! A loud alarm has been going off for more than 3 hours! I went and investigated, and it appears to be coming from the business at the corner of 3rd and Edgehill. I just spent a while on the phone with Grandview and then Columbus police; I just want it to stop………..

Pablo
    Participant

Looks like the hospital project is underway – crews are demolishing the small building at Goodale and Northwest.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Unfortunately, the underpass at 3rd will be closed until SPRING, it seems.

futureman
    Participant

Interesting ideas, I wonder if any of them come about?

Residents have ideas aplenty for Yard acre
    By ALAN FROMAN
    ThisWeek Community News Wednesday August 29, 2012 9:50 AM

The city of Grandview Heights already has received a plethora of suggestions from residents for potential uses of civic space at the Grandview Yard development.

More ideas were offered at a town hall meeting Aug. 22 at the Edison Intermediate-Middle School commons.

As part of the development agreement with Nationwide Realty Investors, developer of the Yard, one acre in the project area will be donated to the city.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/grandview/news/2012/08/28/residents-have-ideas-aplenty-for-yard-acre.html

ricospaz
    Participant

A community center would be great, indoor pool and activities. How much will this cost the taxpayers though? A dog park would be a lot cheaper.

surber17
    Participant

Interesting part in the article was when NRI said it can’t be too expensive (if I read that right). Are they going to help build it/pay for it?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ricospaz said:
    A community center would be great, indoor pool and activities. How much will this cost the taxpayers though? A dog park would be a lot cheaper.

I’d love to see a entrepreneurial center of some sort. The City of Grandview Heights has a strong focus on economic development lately, but too few programs/resources specifically for startups. Could also bring a nice dose of small/unique/local businesses to Grandview Yard, which sounds largely planned as a place for larger retailers/tenants.

derm
    derm
    Participant

I would flip out if we had a rec center. It is badly needed. There is not a close one to us. Closest are Valleyview YMCA and Hunter. Would need two acres most likely to accomodate a gym and pool.

Very unlikely due to economic climate right now. I am hoping we pass the city levy to work on streets and services. This year is also a Library renewal levy. I hope that the city does not rush into doing anything right away(and I dont think they will) as I think we will have a better revenue stream several years down the line when the Yard is full and producing.

ricospaz
    Participant

derm said:
    I would flip out if we had a rec center. It is badly needed. There is not a close one to us. Closest are Valleyview YMCA and Hunter. Would need two acres most likely to accomodate a gym and pool.

Very unlikely due to economic climate right now. I am hoping we pass the city levy to work on streets and services. This year is also a Library renewal levy. I hope that the city does not rush into doing anything right away(and I dont think they will) as I think we will have a better revenue stream several years down the line when the Yard is full and producing.

Agreed. roads and sidewalks need work. I’d like to see some future plan for a rec center that the schools could use for training, etc. They could cut the police dept budget a bit and give the city more $$ … hahaha who am I kidding?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker said:
    The City of Grandview Heights has a strong focus on economic development lately, but too few programs/resources specifically for startups. Could also bring a nice dose of small/unique/local businesses to Grandview Yard, which sounds largely planned as a place for larger retailers/tenants.

Speaking of which…

————–

Grandview still focused on redevelopment, attracting businesses
    Regional Spotlight — By Melanie McIntyre on August 31, 2012

With its proximity to downtown Columbus and The Ohio State University, it’s arguable that Grandview Heights has long been an attractive bedroom community. But that wasn’t good enough for city officials. They wanted businesses to take up residence there as well, and in recent years they set out to attract them. So far, it appears their efforts are working.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/grandview-still-focused-on-redevelopment-attracting-businesses/

ricospaz
    Participant

Having 3rd closed at Olentangy RR is a real pain in the ass. traffic on 5th has been backing way up.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Having 3rd closed at Olentangy RR is a real pain in the ass. traffic on 5th has been backing way up.

+1 gazzillion

futureman
    Participant

City to submit applications for 2 projects
    By ALAN FROMAN
    ThisWeek Community News Tuesday September 11, 2012 8:47 PM

The city of Grandview Heights will submit applications seeking financial assistance from the Ohio Public Works Commission for two separate proposed infrastructure projects

* Widening Goodale to include a westbound right-turn lane onto Northwest Boulevard. The improvements would include a sidewalk, curb and gutter, miscellaneous drainage and an overlay of the existing street.

* Improvements to the alleys near the HealthSouth medical center that will be built at the northeast corner of Northwest and Goodale.

* Adding a westbound right-turn lane on Burr Avenue and adding sidewalks to Burr between the alley and Northwest.

* Improvements to Northwest Boulevard at Burr, including sidewalk and curb ramp upgrades to promote pedestrian crossings and traffic control enhancements, including signage and pavement markings.

* The reconstruction and relocation of Williams Avenue between Bobcat and Yard Street.

* An extension of Bobcat from the residential drive to Williams Avenue and street improvements, including new lighting, storm sewer and sidewalk along the east side of Bobcat.

* Extending Yard Street to Williams Avenue; street, storm and sanitary sewer and water line improvements and a streetscape completed along the west side of Yard Street.

* Lining the existing sanitary sewer on Goodale between the railroad bridge and Northwest Boulevard.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/grandview/news/2012/09/11/opwc-funding-city-to-submit-applications-for-2-projects.html

surber17
    Participant

sounds like the infrastructure is getting extended for the next phase!

futureman
    Participant

Grandview considers ideas for Yard
    By Dean Narciso
    The Columbus Dispatch Thursday October 4, 2012

A swimming pool, recreation center, dog park and amphitheater are among the proposals for an acre of the Grandview Yard development that is being donated to Grandview Heights.

Also suggested by residents: a garden maze, mechanical flower or velodrome.

Nationwide Realty Investors has promised the city 1 acre of the approximately 100-acre site and is offering an option for a second acre for public use.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/10/04/grandview-considers-ideas-for-yard.html

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: