Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 795 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

Grandview is putting a levy on the ballot for fall that will include roadway upgrade and repair. Wish it well anyone who uses Grandview roadways.

futureman
    Participant

clairehelene7 said:
    Hey futureman, any idea how long 3rd will be closed?

At least until January 2013 – http://fod.osu.edu/gl/files/third_ave_1.pdf

And that doesn’t even include any work being done on the railroad bridge, or street widening for that matter.

surber17
    Participant

Are there any renderings of the finished road project?

futureman
    Participant

surber17 said:
    Are there any renderings of the finished road project?

I don’t think the street widening/bridge replacement has gotten that far. Grandview is still trying to figure out how to pay for it. It’s going to be an expensive project for a small city of 6,000 to fund.

The work being done right now is underground utility work only.

surber17
    Participant

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

surber17 said:
    Rendering of new proposed building:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/231361658767958018/photo/1

Without that parking lot behind the building, it would look like a real dense neighborhood. The only problem is in the middle of it all is the parking garage.

surber17
    Participant

I do like how it sits right up against the street, but I guess the Grandview Yard plans have decided that Goodale Blvd is just going to be a car feeder street.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Without that parking lot behind the building, it would look like a real dense neighborhood. The only problem is in the middle of it all is the parking garage.

The development needs parking to survive. At least they have hidden the garage from view of the main corridors (Yard St and Goodale) behind the buildings.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jpizzow said:
    The development needs parking to survive. At least they have hidden the garage from view of the main corridors (Yard St and Goodale) behind the buildings.

+1

It’s a short garage with only two floors, but it’s well placed and services two restaurants, the gym, the office workers, the hotel and will also soon service residents and guests at the new apartments.

Any other development would have individual single-purpose surface parking lots for each of those buildings.

ricospaz
    Participant

I’ve noticed that the parking spots are kinda small. I guess they are preparing for when everyone is driving an electric car the size of a Prius.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ricospaz said:
    I’ve noticed that the parking spots are kinda small. I guess they are preparing for when everyone is driving an electric car the size of a Prius.

Still driving a dump truck to the gym? ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant

ricospaz said:

Perhaps they’re hoping for a time when the phrase “mine’s smaller” is used for bragging.

futureman
    Participant

Commission gives its nod to Grandview Yard hospital
    By ALAN FROMAN
    ThisWeek Community News

The Grandview Heights Planning Commission has approved a conceptual design and certificate of appropriateness for a rehabilitation hospital that will be built in the Grandview Yard development.

The project, along with soon-to-be completed three-building Apartments at the Yard complex, will be the finishing element to the Yard’s first phase, Nationwide Realty Investors President and Chief Operating Officer Brian Ellis told the commission at its Aug. 2 meeting.

HealthSouth Corp., a Birmingham, Ala., based company, will build the two-story, 62,000-square-foot rehab hospital at the northeast corner of Northwest and Goodale boulevards.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/grandview/news/2012/08/07/commission-gives-its-nod-to-grandview-yard-hospital.html

HighLife
    Participant

I live on the eastern edge of Grandview, just a block south of 3rd. I was wondering if anyone else heard a loud, “alarm-clock” type sound that went on FOREVER last night. It awakened me around 5am and continued for at least an hour; it was so loud I had to close my windows. I’d assume it was noise from the construction at the Yard or whatever they are doing on 3rd Ave., but it was unlike any other construction-related noise I’ve ever heard. Did any other Grandview folks hear this?

(and no, it was not my own alarm clock)

surber17
    Participant

So are they buying the land from Nationwide? Sounds like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE