Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 795 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    Paving paradise to put up a parking lot….

Because the area under and around a railway bridge is paradise?

futureman
    Participant

Not the most exciting news, but a new 2 story 68K sf rehab hospital is being proposed. If I’m not mistaken this would be at the empty grass field next to the surface lot recently built going up to the old auto shop at goodale and NW blvd.

Though the taxes from the 120 high paying jobs would defiantly help Grandview out.

HealthSouth rehab hospital set for Grandview Yard
    Premium content from Business First by Brian R. Ball, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, July 27, 2012, 6:00am EDT – Last Modified: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 5:29pm EDT

An Alabama-based operator of rehabilitation hospitals wants to build a 42-bed center at Grandview Yard.

Documents filed with the city of Grandview Heights identify HealthSouth Corp. as the proposed owner of a planned two-story, 62,800-square-foot building at Northwest and Goodale boulevards. The Grandview Heights Planning Commission has scheduled a meeting Aug. 2 to consider the proposal.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/07/27/rehab-center-eyes-grandview-yard.html

futureman
    Participant

And an FYI to others out there 3rd Ave is closed at the railroad crossing due to the Giant Eagle construction.

clairehelene7
    Participant

Hey futureman, any idea how long 3rd will be closed?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Does anyone know if the cities of Columbus and Grandview have had any discussions about alleviating traffic congestion on the major roadways through the area (Northwest Blvd., King Ave., 5th Ave., 3rd Ave., and Grandview Ave? I understand they want to redevelop old buildings and develop Grandview Yard but they haven’t even really gotten going yet and traffic is already a nightmare in the area. At 5:00 it isn’t unusual on 5th to see traffic backed from Grandview Avenue down to Olentangy. Those roads and traffic signals weren’t designed to handle the traffic and as growth continues, it will get worse.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Probably not much. 3rd is going to reconfigured near the Giant Eagle. Frankly, I don’t think the traffic is all that bad, especially since it’s only one hour a day.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

GCrites80s said:
    Frankly, I don’t think the traffic is all that bad, especially since it’s only one hour a day.

I agree. It’s poor form to plan roadways around peak usage.

Instead, these new developments should be planed to maximize walkability, bikability and public transit.

ricospaz
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Does anyone know if the cities of Columbus and Grandview have had any discussions about alleviating traffic congestion on the major roadways through the area (Northwest Blvd., King Ave., 5th Ave., 3rd Ave., and Grandview Ave? I understand they want to redevelop old buildings and develop Grandview Yard but they haven’t even really gotten going yet and traffic is already a nightmare in the area. At 5:00 it isn’t unusual on 5th to see traffic backed from Grandview Avenue down to Olentangy. Those roads and traffic signals weren’t designed to handle the traffic and as growth continues, it will get worse.

Traffic isn’t bad. there may be lines but you aren’t sitting in traffic, you’re moving. It’s a lot better than the Broadway/High St. intersection, for one.

futureman
    Participant

For everyone who doesn’t have a business first subscription they added an article about the new hospital here that is outside the pay wall –

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2012/07/healthsouth-interest-in-grandview-yard.html

sph1978
    Participant

futureman said:
    For everyone who doesn’t have a business first subscription they added an article about the new hospital here that is outside the pay wall –

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2012/07/healthsouth-interest-in-grandview-yard.html

Thanks for the article link, I was wondering when this project was gonna be made public. I’m just finishing up architectural renderings for this. Hopefully they will be released publicly after next weeks planning commission meeting, guess we’ll see.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Probably not much. 3rd is going to reconfigured near the Giant Eagle. Frankly, I don’t think the traffic is all that bad, especially since it’s only one hour a day.

It isn’t that bad now, but it gets congested and it is for more than 1 hour a day. Most of weekends it is like that. Congestion will continue to get worse as more development happens and the roads aren’t designed for it. Maybe they aren’t planning to do anything, but it is poor form to assume everyone will be miserable in a car so they will switch to a bicycle.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ColumbusTime said:
    Maybe they aren’t planning to do anything, but it is poor form to assume everyone will be miserable in a car so they will switch to a bicycle.

Who assumed that?

GCrites80s
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    It isn’t that bad now, but it gets congested and it is for more than 1 hour a day. Most of weekends it is like that. Congestion will continue to get worse as more development happens and the roads aren’t designed for it. Maybe they aren’t planning to do anything, but it is poor form to assume everyone will be miserable in a car so they will switch to a bicycle.

Are you a road contractor or something?

CooperGuy

ColumbusTime said:

Would have to disagree regarding 5th Ave traffic.

I travel those roads everyday at morning and evening rush hours and rarely have a problem getting through. The worst I run into between the 5:00 to 5:30pm time frame is maybe waiting through a couple light cycles if I’m turning left from 5th to Grandview Ave. Our auto shop is just East of Kenny on 5th and traffic flows fine all day long. Throughout the day we have deliveries from parts suppliers coming from Grandview Ave. (NAPA), Dublin Rd. (Advance), and 5th East of High St. (Auto Zone). Their drivers almost always arrive only 10 minutes or so after we place an order, even at the end of the day. Never had one say they couldn’t get through.

I don’t think traffic is all that bad in that area at all.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

CooperGuy said:
    Would have to disagree regarding 5th Ave traffic.

I don’t think traffic is all that bad in that area at all.

+1, if you want to see bad traffic, try going from Worthington to Delaware on US 23 in the afternoon.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 795 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: