Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

This topic contains 777 replies, has 94 voices, and was last updated by  RedStorm 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 778 total)
  • Author

A161830
    Participant

Unfortunately, the real estate arm of Giant Eagle now owns the building. I think it would be unlikely for them to lease the space to another grocery store chain.

Zyro
    Participant

They STILL own it? How unfortunate. I thought they were the ones leasing it and were just letting it expire.

I was hoping for something totally new and different to be put there.

welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

DLDude
    Participant

Finally! Looking forward to the new Cameron Mitchell concept going in there

andy
    Participant

Unfortunately, the real estate arm of Giant Eagle now owns the building. I think it would be unlikely for them to lease the space to another grocery store chain.

Franklin County records still show this building as belonging to Fifth/Grand, who bought it in 2012. As far as I can tell, they’re not affiliated with Giant Eagle.

sruckus
    Participant

But Giant Eagle has the long-term lease IIRC. Unless there’s some easy way for the owner to break the lease…

A161830
    Participant

The ownership shown on Franklin County Auditor is a bit confusing but if you notice there was a transfer in December 2014 which adds the name Echo to one of the entities that is the telling name. Echo is the real estate arm of GE. And they did the sale via an entity transfer as opposed to an outright sale (which is a common tactic to hide the true sale price and thus attempts to keep the RE taxes at the old sale price).

andy
    Participant

The ownership shown on Franklin County Auditor is a bit confusing but if you notice there was a transfer in December 2014 which adds the name Echo to one of the entities that is the telling name. Echo is the real estate arm of GE. And they did the sale via an entity transfer as opposed to an outright sale (which is a common tactic to hide the true sale price and thus attempts to keep the RE taxes at the old sale price).

Ah yes, I see what you’re saying. I guess they bought enough of a stake to ensure another grocer wouldn’t go in there? I’m surprised they’re leasing that space instead of redeveloping it. It’s pretty easy to imagine a 5-story condo/apt building with continuous storefront and a parking garage. I wonder if they already have a lessee lined up.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

I imagine a larger View of 5th there

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Right now the bar in the GE has a lot of porter and stouts on tap. I had the 2X Stout by Southern Tier on nitrous and it was delicious! Usually craft stouts are along the liens of a chocolate or vanilla but this one is middle of the road classic. The nitrous made it silky smooth. My girlfriend got the Southern Tier Creme Brulee which was the polar opposite of mine. Tasted like they pumped a few flavor shots from Starbucks into the beer. Not bad but not my style.

derm
    derm
    Participant

The roads through the Yard from 3rd to Goodale and even some of the side streets are open. Really starting to take shape over there. Starting to see lots of people.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Right now the bar in the GE has a lot of porter and stouts on tap. I had the 2X Stout by Southern Tier on nitrous and it was delicious! Usually craft stouts are along the liens of a chocolate or vanilla but this one is middle of the road classic. The nitrous made it silky smooth. My girlfriend got the Southern Tier Creme Brulee which was the polar opposite of mine. Tasted like they pumped a few flavor shots from Starbucks into the beer. Not bad but not my style.

The bar at this GE had been solid as far as taps go (and rare bottle releases) for over a year. Russel the beer manager there does a great job.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Right now the bar in the GE has a lot of porter and stouts on tap. I had the 2X Stout by Southern Tier on nitrous and it was delicious!…
    The nitrous made it silky smooth.

What does the NAWWWWWWSSSS do? How does it work?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

What does the NAWWWWWWSSSS do? How does it work?

It makes your beer 2fast2furious haha. I have no idea why I said nitrous instead of nitro.

A161830
    Participant

May have been discussed previously but has anyone noticed the “We Want our Sidewalk” yard signs that have been placed along 3rd Ave near the Giant Eagle? Didn’t have time to snap a photo when I drove past last week.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 778 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO