Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 778 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bayrea wrote:</div>
    How can a liquor store be “bike hostile”??? Do they turn the hoses on you when you pull up?

No place to lock a bike in the vicinity. Before it changed to Big Bird I brought my bike in, but after it changed to Giant Eagle they told me I couldn’t bring my bike inside because they were doing the floor that night. Next time I went, there was a sign on the door that said “No Bicycles”. I repeatedly suggested that they get a bike rack, but understood that their days on 5th were numbered.<br>
    I know that this is a first world problem. Liquor store employees are probably just following orders.

I remember having to lean my bike against the glass and worrying about it breaking. Oh well, it’s not there any more.

andy
    Participant

any updates on what is happening with the old giant eagle on 5th ave? haven’t heard anything in months.

ricospaz
    Participant

Yep, it’s a nice big empty parking lot that the kids can hang out in. Nothing new.

A161830
    Participant

I’m hearing it will be sold by the end of the year.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Does anyone know what type liquor license Market District Grandview Yard has? They have a bar that serves, so does that mean they have a D-type license?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I would LOVE for Lucky’s or Trader Joe’s to go into the redeveloped old Giant Eagle.

rus
    rus
    Participant

I would LOVE for Lucky’s or Trader Joe’s to go into the redeveloped old Giant Eagle.

While I wouldn’t mind seeing either of those, it still seems unlikely. GE supposedly is holding on to the lease to prevent competition.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

futureman
    Participant

Anyone have an idea what is going on next to the Goodwill on Edgehill, which borders the new Giant Eagle? I noticed construction started on something, but not sure what.

I thought I ran across something on the Department of Development site for the City of Columbus about apartments, but I can’t find it now.

ETA – I should have looked deeper, here’s the information I was thinking about.

APPLICATION: Z14-021 (14335-00000-00269)
    Location: 1281 EDGEHILL ROAD (43212), being 2.8± acres located on the
    west side of Edgehill Road, 443± feet north of West Third Avenue
    (010-063723 and 010-003020; Fifth by Northwest Area
    Commission).
    Existing Zoning: M, Manufacturing District.
    Request: AR-2, Apartment Residential District.
    Proposed Use: Multi-unit residential development.
    Applicant(s): Continental Bell, Ltd.; c/o David L. Hodge, Atty.; Smith and Hale; 37
    West Broad Street, Suite 725; Columbus, OH 43215.
    Property Owner(s): 1281 Edgehill LLC, et al; 911 Henry Street; Columbus, Ohio 43215.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

That’s a new one but after some digging through the auditor’s site it looks like it falls under the Elford umbrella via broker.

futureman
    Participant

Anyone have an idea what is going on next to the Goodwill on Edgehill, which borders the new Giant Eagle? I noticed construction started on something, but not sure what.

I thought I ran across something on the Department of Development site for the City of Columbus about apartments, but I can’t find it now.

ETA – I should have looked deeper, here’s the information I was thinking about.

APPLICATION: Z14-021 (14335-00000-00269)<br>
    Location: 1281 EDGEHILL ROAD (43212), being 2.8± acres located on the<br>
    west side of Edgehill Road, 443± feet north of West Third Avenue<br>
    (010-063723 and 010-003020; Fifth by Northwest Area<br>
    Commission).<br>

Existing Zoning: M, Manufacturing District.<br>
    Request: AR-2, Apartment Residential District.<br>
    Proposed Use: Multi-unit residential development.<br>
    Applicant(s): Continental Bell, Ltd.; c/o David L. Hodge, Atty.; Smith and Hale; 37<br>
    West Broad Street, Suite 725; Columbus, OH 43215.<br>
    Property Owner(s): 1281 Edgehill LLC, et al; 911 Henry Street; Columbus, Ohio 43215.

It’s a 105 unit (133 bedrooms) apartment complex stretching from Edgehill to Norton – https://columbus.gov/bzs/zoning/council-variance-case-logs/case-logs/CV14-026-1281-Edgehill-Road/. Page 8 has the site plan for those interested. Looks to be a similar scale to the Lennox Flats or the townhouse portion of the View on 5th.

surber17
    Participant

awesome!

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

There’s a fb page in support of bringing Trader Joe’s to the Grandview – 5xNW area: https://www.facebook.com/TraderJoes43212

OneBagTravel
    Participant

There’s a fb page in support of bringing Trader Joe’s to the Grandview – 5xNW area: https://www.facebook.com/TraderJoes43212

Sending this to everyone I know lol.

welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

Leasing signs have gone up at the former Giant Eagle on 5th & Grandview Ave. That Trader Joe’s could happen after all!

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 778 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE