Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard Community Open House - Sept 1, 2010

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Grandview Yard Community Open House – Sept 1, 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

futureman
    Participant

Neil Jaye wrote >>
    Just skimming through Walker’s interview and the mentioning of this being a “SPORTS and entertainment focused” area, do you think they may be priming this to be a potential new home for the Crew or some other professional expansion sport? Just wondering…

I believe the sports and entertainment statement was in reference to the Arena District, not Grandview Yard.

“Grandview Yard will not be the mirror image of The Arena District. The emphasis there is on sports and entertainment and it is more dense than Grandview Yard is going to be.”

“BE: I mentioned that Grandview Yard is not going to be sports and entertainment focused… we think it is going to be more retail focused”

Neil Jaye

futureman wrote >>

Neil Jaye wrote >>
    Just skimming through Walker’s interview and the mentioning of this being a “SPORTS and entertainment focused” area, do you think they may be priming this to be a potential new home for the Crew or some other professional expansion sport? Just wondering…

I believe the sports and entertainment statement was in reference to the Arena District, not Grandview Yard.
    “Grandview Yard will not be the mirror image of The Arena District. The emphasis there is on sports and entertainment and it is more dense than Grandview Yard is going to be.”
    “BE: I mentioned that Grandview Yard is not going to be sports and entertainment focused… we think it is going to be more retail focused”

That’s what I get for not reading fully, and closely. That happens when you’re working at the same time.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The patios for both of the spaces are actually in between the buildings, so at least that component is visible from both sides of the buildings. Not sure what the accessibility is like though.

So… anyone planning on going tonight?

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m hoping to get there since it’s in my own neighborhood.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE