Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Yard Community Open House - Sept 1, 2010

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Grandview Yard Community Open House – Sept 1, 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like Phase 1 is complete!

September 1st

Grandview Yard Community Open House

6pm to 8:30pm

More here: http://www.grandviewyard.com/

And here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/tag/grandview-yard

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some additional photos I took earlier today:

artbomb112
    Participant

Just walked my dog by tonight. It is actually looking really nice. I wish I was in town for the open house. Hopefully I can read here how it went.

anillo
    Participant

Looks good. I really like parking ‘garages’ like that, they aren’t obnoxiously big but they look way better than surface lots.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

anillo wrote >>
    Looks good. I really like parking ‘garages’ like that, they aren’t obnoxiously big but they look way better than surface lots.

Yeah, better than a surface lot (and half the size of one with equal spaces) but I really wish they would have placed retail in the ground floor of the garage around the outward-facing perimeter. Probably a tougher sell to fill it all in at this point, but would look a lot better than a dark cavernous space like it does now.

surber17
    Participant

I will def. be at this open house and love this project, but I do have one major concern. If you put the parking garage on the inside, why not open the restaurants to both GY and Goodale BLV? What I mean is, if i’m walking down Goodale I essentially have to walk around the building to go eat at one of the new restaurants. Then, if I eat outside, all I get to look at is a parking garage. I think a lot of my concerns will be taken care of with later phases, but for phase 1 its not quite as pedestrian friendly as I hoped. I also 100% agree with Walker’s point.

futureman
    Participant

Sept. 1 tour offers look at Grandview Yard’s first phase
    Residents are invited to stroll around the mixed-use development from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1.
    By MARK DUBOVEC
    Published: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:46 AM EDT
    From Tri-Village News (Columbuslocalnews.com)

Developers and Grandview Heights officials say the community finally will see the potential of Grandview Yard during an open house set from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 1 at the site.

Tina Guegold of Nationwide Realty Investors, which is developing the project with Equity Inc., said she thinks it will be a fun and informative evening.

“We hope (the public) will walk away with the quality of the project and what to expect of the future phases,” Guegold said. “Everyone in the community will have a chance to explore the site.”

Grandview Yard is a 90-acre mixed-use development in the southeast corner of the city, at the former home of warehouses belonging to defunct grocery chain Big Bear.

Among the projects in the first phase are Urban Active Fitness Center, Hyatt Place Hotel, a two-deck parking garage with 509 spaces, and a 90,000-square-foot office building, which will house Jason’s Deli on the first floor and M+A Architects on the third.

READ MORE

catnfiddle
    Participant

Will this strictly be an outdoor wandering on our own accord or will there be limited viewing of inside the buildings?

cyclist II
    Participant

Might bring the pedicab over. This place adds a new dimension to pedicabbing with the hotel.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>
    Might bring the pedicab over. This place adds a new dimension to pedicabbing with the hotel.

especially with OSU football season coming up…

futureman
    Participant

Grandview Yard plans open house Wednesday evening
    Project’s first phase opens with hotel, gym and deli in place

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:40 AM
    BY MARLA MATZER ROSE
    The Columbus Dispatch

The public will get to step into the Grandview Yard project Wednesday, more than a year after Nationwide Realty Investors announced the initial tenants for the $40 million first phase of the mixed-use project on the eastern edge of Grandview Heights.

A Hyatt Place hotel, an Urban Active Fitness and a Jasons Deli will be open for business on the site formerly occupied by a Big Bear supermarket warehouse. The final touches are being put on an office building to be occupied by M&A Architects, while the OSU-themed Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill remains under construction with an anticipated November opening date.

Area residents are invited to a community open house Wednesday evening as a way of introducing the project. The event will begin with a short presentation and a question and answer session with Brian Ellis, president and chief operating officer of Nationwide Realty Investors.

“This will give us an opportunity to tell folks whats there today, and what we expect will be coming down the road,” Ellis said, referring to future plans to add more offices, retail and housing at Grandview Yard. There is currently no set timetable for future expansion.

The open house will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, at 775 Yard St. (900 Goodale Blvd.,) with parking behind Urban Active Fitness, north of Goodale Boulevard.

READ MORE

“There is currently no set timetable for future expansion” … that’s a bummer

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ll be over for a preview event in this morning. Anyone have any specific questions about the project for Brian Ellis? ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Interview with Brian Ellis from this morning:

Grandview Yard Opens Phase One Today

;)

ScottUlrich
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    I will def. be at this open house and love this project, but I do have one major concern. If you put the parking garage on the inside, why not open the restaurants to both GY and Goodale BLV? What I mean is, if i’m walking down Goodale I essentially have to walk around the building to go eat at one of the new restaurants. Then, if I eat outside, all I get to look at is a parking garage. I think a lot of my concerns will be taken care of with later phases, but for phase 1 its not quite as pedestrian friendly as I hoped. I also 100% agree with Walker’s point.

That was one of the only problems I had from the get-go with the design. It turns its back to the existing urban fabric on Goodale. While the hotel may be a “360-degree” building, as Brian Ellis said in the interview, but why aren’t the other two buildings – particularly the one on the corner?

Neil Jaye

Just skimming through Walker’s interview and the mentioning of this being a “SPORTS and entertainment focused” area, do you think they may be priming this to be a potential new home for the Crew or some other professional expansion sport? Just wondering…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE