Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Passage by Cityspace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Passage by Cityspace

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ilovethiscity 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

So has anyone seen this?

I can’t wait to check it out tomorrow! This property just appeared on their site and I hope it’s a good one!

http://www.cityspaceresidential.com/grandviewpassage.asp

Trixie
    Participant

Oh boy… I think these are the apartments I lived in when I was in college. I lived in 970 Quay and paid 242.00 a month. :shock:

Anonymous

The property manager of these apartments is very difficult to work with. He is never in his office, rude, does not return phone calls, and much more. I lived here while city space was in the process of buying them out and they’re the reason I moved out. I loved the area and location, but they are the rudest people I have ever dealt with. I would have loved to stay here. Also I saw much of thr renovation and if you plan on buying one I would check the place thoroughly. My current place(lease ends at the end of this month) has terribly rotting walls and from what I saw they didn’t gut these places…just kinda added paint and new appliances.

The Hegemo

Are these the Grandview Terrace apartments?

Yup. G-Veiw terrace. Next to the pool

aeopinky

This place is TERRIBLE… The entire company is terrible even to their condo owners. Grandview Passage/Grandview Terrace is the same thing, they keep changing the name hoping to get rid of bad reviews.

I’ve spoken to many of my neighbors and all had major issues that were not addressed.

These are just a few things I experienced.
    – I broke my leg from unsalted, uneven sidewalks they wouldn’t maintain. (and 3 other residents sprained their ankles)
    – We had a gas leak we told them about several times that they did not care to fix. We finally had to call Columbia Gas who after inspection RED TAGGED our furnace with a dangerous leak and they still took 4 days to come get it fixed. In the end, beside ourselves, our dog breathed in gas 24 hours a day for 2 months straight.
    – Oh and the gas leak was caused by a crappy repair man they sent to clean out our furnace. We had no heat or air conditioning for the 1st 2 months we lived there in March/April because the furnace had never been cleaned of pet hair/dander from previous tennants!!
    – I had squirrels and raccoons CONSTANTLY running around in my 2nd floor ceiling during winter. They tried to burrow into our cabinets for food and had sex and fights for hours, all day and night.
    – Every railing in the place was unstable. While moving in a friend of mine leaned against a railing on a second floor stairwell and it nearly got bounced over.
    – The metal fire-escape like stairs we COMING OFF THEIR SUPPORTS. Every time we walked down the stairs we could here the staircase smacking against the wall unsupported.
    – One neighbor threw huge parties every night of the week (and most residents are younger couples/professionals… and even after several complaints they were never asked to be quiet.

Again, many issues. We were completely ignored.

I BEG YOU, DO NOT LIVE THERE. I am many others regret it completely.

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

Whats the tax rate in Grandview, I hear its one of the highest around?

JBC

I purchased a condo at Grandview Passage 2 years ago. The space is great, but CitySpace, the condo association, is HORRIBLE! I have had leak coming from outside for 2 years and no one will contact me to fix it and I am now having to take legal action against them. They also run projects like The Jeffrey, Sixty Spring, Washington Rich, and The Heights. So beware of all those places.

GW_Justice
    Participant

turnedNOTburned wrote >>
    Whats the tax rate in Grandview, I hear its one of the highest around?

Grandview and Bexley trade off every once in a while for the highest millage – right now 134 and 135 respectively.

Taxes listed here sorted in various ways –

http://www.franklincountyauditor.com/real-estate/tax-rates.cfm

You have to add the income tax also, which gets complex when you work in one city and live in another. I think it is fair to say Grandview and Bexley equally suck on taxes.

Oh, and I have to agree on the bad things I have heard about the Passage, lots of neglected maintenance issues.

cc

JBC wrote >>
    I purchased a condo at Grandview Passage 2 years ago. The space is great, but CitySpace, the condo association, is HORRIBLE! I have had leak coming from outside for 2 years and no one will contact me to fix it and I am now having to take legal action against them. They also run projects like The Jeffrey, Sixty Spring, Washington Rich, and The Heights. So beware of all those places.

agreed, stay away

dtull

Anyone out there with any recent experience with Cityspace/Grandview Passage? Any improvements, or are these types of problems still the norm?

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I’m in one of their properties. Have needed a few minor fixes, but nothing out of the ordinary.

JBC

I posted above a few years ago. CitySpace has gotten better. I believe they changed management. They answer emails promptly and seem to be more on top of things. There are a few cosmetic maintenance issues that have not been addressed, but nothing serious.

The units are now being up dated by some one different. They quality is much better than the previous contractor. The new units offer open floor plans and vaulted ceilings ( on the 2nd floor units. )

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO