Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Avenue Steak Tavern — New Cameron Mitchell Steakhouse in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Avenue Steak Tavern — New Cameron Mitchell Steakhouse in Grandview

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

Very interesting to me. I, at the time, wanted a First Watch to win out over Panera. Now I dont want a First Watch. I can get expensive and not so expensive breakfast at Staufs, DK, Pauls, and Marshalls already all walkable to me. I only get caps at First Watch anyway.

I will miss Panera only in the bread and bagel department. I did not get coffee there, nor did I get overpriced sandwiches and soups. You can get a nine dollar sandwich anywhere. I would prefer Hae Pauls, Knead or skillet if I am buying a sandwich for nine bucks.

What I really miss in the area is Gibby’s. Decent family joint, good wings, not too pricey. Rude Dog is poor food. Winking Lizard is Ok, I guess, not my favorite. Same with Matt the Millers, my last two meals there were fair. Barley’s is awesome, but I generally drive to not walk on 33.

That place needs to be a 24 hour diner. With fried chicken.

Just not a pizza joint or for goodness sake, no more salons.

kit444
    Participant

derm said:

+1, with or without fried chicken.

rus
    rus
    Participant

derm said:

That would be kinda awesome. Security might be a problem, but doable.

derm
    derm
    Participant

rus said:
    That would be kinda awesome. Security might be a problem, but doable.

Grandview currently has a murderer loose, between 1-3 flashers, break ins at the Candle Lab and Jeni’s two saturdays ago and my next door 24 year old neighbor out on F5 bond for sexual assault of a minor. We might need to call in the National Guard for help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can attest to the view being grand.
    It’s still just a hill, though.
    I’m guessing Panera has its strong suits, but I’d much rather give Stauf’s my money.

rus
    rus
    Participant

derm said:
    Grandview currently has a murderer loose, between 1-3 flashers, break ins at the Candle Lab and Jeni’s two saturdays ago and my next door 24 year old neighbor out on F5 bond for sexual assault of a minor. We might need to call in the National Guard for help.

Not what I was referring to. Another place was considering staying open late but expressed concern they’d have to hire in off duty cops as security to handle drunks.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

If Tip Top opened there, then I’d have pot roast and pretzel roll daily.

JackieC
    Participant

DK does have a full bar and are open much later now. Plus Saturday night is $3 burger and 50 cent wing night. My family of 3 left with an $18 tab last week. Wings and burgers are really good and Yuengling was only $1.75 a bottle if I remember correctly.

A Tip Top would be most excellent though, perhaps 32 Bit Barcade?

GCrites80s
    Participant

32-Bit would have to be all stuff like Rad Mobile, Marvel vs. Capcom and Street Fighter 3rd Strike. No Dig Dug for sure due to lack of bits.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Liquor license would be tough to land at that spot. It is City of Grandview proper, just inside the alleyway divider. I would guess that a vote would be needed to get one.

I would not mind if the Chipotle moved there as you cannot park at the one on 5th it seems ever.

derm said:
    Liquor license would be tough to land at that spot. It is City of Grandview proper, just inside the alleyway divider. I would guess that a vote would be needed to get one.

I would not mind if the Chipotle moved there as you cannot park at the one on 5th it seems ever.

It’s really too big of a space for Chipotle, and parking wouldn’t be any better. But I wouldn’t mind seeing a diner or unique restaurant of some kind moving in to that location. Hopefully locally-based.

GCrites80s
    Participant

I think the idea is to take some pressure off of that overloaded 5th Ave. Chipotle that is pushed to the max at all hours.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Careful everyone. If you spend too much time talking about what you’d like to see go into this space, someone is bound to eventually trot out the old “Well why don’t you use your own money and open it if you really want that” faux argument. ;)

Graybeak
    Participant

Walker said:
    Careful everyone. If you spend too much time talking about what you’d like to see go into this space, someone is bound to eventually trot out the old “Well why don’t you use your own money and open it if you really want that” faux argument. ;)

Ah, thanks. Saved me the trouble.

ricospaz
    Participant

I’d guess that maybe Panera would be interested in one of the outlots in front of the eventual new Giant Eagle? That way they could put in a drive thru as well.

As far as the old location, I don’t Grandview could support a 24 hr diner. I mean, how many drunks want to drive into Grandview at night with that heavy police presence?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: