Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Avenue Steak Tavern — New Cameron Mitchell Steakhouse in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Avenue Steak Tavern — New Cameron Mitchell Steakhouse in Grandview

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

rus said:
    If you need pretentious, overpriced options 3rd and Hollywood is right next door…

Yep, I dont think they want to directly compete with themselves, being owned by the same group.

I vote a fried chicken place.

rus
    rus
    Participant

derm said:

I vote a fried chicken place.

That could work out.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

fensterbme said:
    Northstar wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Panera in that location… FWIW

+1
    That, or something similar and unique to Columbus.

tonloc620
    Participant

I don’t think Panera is going anywhere anytime soon, although that is not one of their best performing locations. They were supposed to move to third and olentangy in a development that never happened, it would have had a drive thru.

Wagonbrenner owns the building and is a little particular to who they rent to .It’s a big space for grandview ave over 5,000 sq ft. only so many that can afford that rent.

wpcc88
    Participant

random Panera fact, the one on lane is the biggest one in the country

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

squid said:
    LOTS of people squat at that Panera. Not a fan to start with, but having to look for a seat when 50 people are laptop-ing it up is damned annoying.

It is so aggravating to go some place, pay $$, and then see all of the seats taken up by people with a 4 hour old small drink and an ice water. Happens at this Panera and most Starbucks in the area. Only so much the stores can do. I propose free wireless, but no plugging in your equipment to an outlet.

leftovers

ColumbusTime said:
    I propose free wireless, but no plugging in your equipment to an outlet.

In pre-tablet days that would have worked. My nexus 7 and my wife’s ipad both run for about 10 hours on a charge.

I have been to Panera’s that limit wifi use to 30 min at peak times. I have never had a problem finding a seat (not counting the ones by outlets).

mrmann

I don’t think free wifi is that unique any more. I am pretty sure both Taco Bell and Mcdonalds in Grandview also have it. Those places don’t care about squatters as much because they do a lot of drive thru business.

I like Stauf’s, but I doubt I would go there if they shut off the wifi.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Stauf’s is like that. No seats ever. Always full of people on the internet nursing a beverage. Pretty much carryout only for me.

tobyb

The times I have been there they seem pretty busy. Do other Panera’s have drive thrus?

GCrites80s
    Participant

“mmm, Internet”

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ColumbusTime said:
    It is so aggravating to go some place, pay $$, and then see all of the seats taken up by people with a 4 hour old small drink and an ice water.

If you just walked in… how do you know how old their drink is? ;)

GCrites80s
    Participant

I guess this is timely then.

Coffee Shop Owner: Limiting Laptop Squatters Has Boosted My Sales[/url]

futureman
    Participant

I wonder what would replace it? Great location, ideal site for something a bit more dense.

Panera looking to leave Grandview Heights space
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter- Business First

Panera Bread Co. may be on the move in the Grandview Heights area.

The bakery-cafe’s 1307 Grandview Ave. site is available, according to a listing with Kowit & Passov Real Estate Group. Panera is locked into its lease until 2021, according to the listing, and is looking to sublease the 4,800-square-foot restaurant space.

Covelli Enterprises Inc., the Warren-based franchisee, declined to comment on its plans.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/09/panera-looking-to-leave-grandview.html

catnfiddle
    Participant

I know this is not an ideal spot for a CFL restaurant, but Cameron Mitchell seems to be on the move again with new ideas. What say you, Mr. M?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE