Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Avenue Steak Tavern — New Cameron Mitchell Steakhouse in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Avenue Steak Tavern — New Cameron Mitchell Steakhouse in Grandview

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

Paper had a transaction of over a million from Grandview LLC to WagCo. Think it is the Grandview Ave Panera. Rumor around here was that they were going to move to a much bigger spot that will be built in the Yard, but I did not think they would as that Panera location was one of the highest grossing I thought. Going to be tough to replace the foot traffic.

Years ago that building was a dry cleaner. When they sold it was a very tight race for a Panera vs a First Watch and Panera won. If true and they are moving I wonder what goes in there. Anyone here anything?

groundrules
    Participant

yogurt shop

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Reason and science based spirituality house of worship?

leftovers

I wonder if that isn’t just the building (which is leased to the Panera franchise). Wagenbrenner owns the rest of the Bank Block and I can see them wanting that property.

From the looks of it on the auditors site, Rainbow Cleaners rolled it into that Grandview LLC (transaction $0) so this is those guys selling the building to Wagco.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’d like to know if whatever is taking its place is BYOB. Can anyone confirm this?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    I’d like to know if whatever is taking its place is BYOB. Can anyone confirm this?

Why BYOB? Why Now?

heresthecasey
    Participant

I hope that Panera sticks around. Would not want to see them move to the Yard.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

heresthecasey said:
    I hope that Panera sticks around. Would not want to see them move to the Yard.

There’s no existing restaurant space for them to move into. I guess it would have to be a new build. Maybe one of the suburban-style spots in front of the new Giant Eagle facing Third?

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

derm said:
    Paper had a transaction of over a million from Grandview LLC to WagCo. Think it is the Grandview Ave Panera. Rumor around here was that they were going to move to a much bigger spot that will be built in the Yard, but I did not think they would as that Panera location was one of the highest grossing I thought. Going to be tough to replace the foot traffic.

Years ago that building was a dry cleaner. When they sold it was a very tight race for a Panera vs a First Watch and Panera won. If true and they are moving I wonder what goes in there. Anyone here anything?

First Watch there would have been cool. Then again, they are only open until 2:30 PM every day, whereas Panera is open until 8 or 9. Brunch vs. Lupper. At least it wasn’t Fourthmeal[/url].

At any rate, if Panera is leaving Grandview Ave, seems like it would be a really great opportunity for a local restauranteur to step in, perhaps something along a similar fast casual line.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I heard via third hand sources last night that Panera is leaving the Grandview Ave. location, that they have been disappointed with sales. Doesn’t mean it is accurate, just what I heard.

RhondaH

ColumbusTime said:
    I heard via third hand sources last night that Panera is leaving the Grandview Ave. location, that they have been disappointed with sales. Doesn’t mean it is accurate, just what I heard.

Hope not, that and stauf’s are my easy peasy remote offices with no problem parking. That panera is surprisingly dead in the afternoon and late morning but does bang up breakfast, lunch and dinner traffic.

rus
    rus
    Participant

RhondaH said:
    Hope not, that and stauf’s are my easy peasy remote offices with no problem parking. That panera is surprisingly dead in the afternoon and late morning but does bang up breakfast, lunch and dinner traffic.

Seconded.

fensterbme
    Participant

Northstar wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Panera in that location… FWIW

squid
    Participant

RhondaH said:
    Hope not, that and stauf’s are my easy peasy remote offices with no problem parking.

LOTS of people squat at that Panera. Not a fan to start with, but having to look for a seat when 50 people are laptop-ing it up is damned annoying. Expected at Stauf’s but not here. They need to make the 30 min WiFi allow just once a day for your MAC.

Hopefully something non-pizza three? (or is it just two now?) in walking distance and non fast-casual. 5XNW has a ton already and Grandview deserves something better.
    New home for Coop? >.>

rus
    rus
    Participant

fensterbme said:
    Northstar wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Panera in that location… FWIW

If you need pretentious, overpriced options 3rd and Hollywood is right next door…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION