Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Heights 2ndxNW area - safety a concern?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Grandview Heights 2ndxNW area – safety a concern?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

thomasp

I have noticed over the past few months that a lot of less-than-reputable looking individuals have been walking through our backyards in GH. I normally don’t have a problem with kids/etc. walking through my lawn, but when it’s a 40-50 yr old unknown male with destroyed clothing, it’s concerning. I have also seen random “meet ups” along 3rd Ave streets and just (in general) a more sketchy feeling in the area lately.

I was looking into it and apparently there is a housing development just put into place on Norton Avenue right ouside GH that houses disabled/mentally disturbed adults, called Commons at Third. There have been a couple of Assault charges at the location of the housing in the past 3 months, as well.

Has anyone else noticed this trend in the GH area? It’s disappointing that the location was chosen so close (easy walking-distance) to so many families and schools.

Thoughts?

ricospaz
    Participant

I have seen a guy wearing just boxers or something like that, standing on a street corner either at Norton and 3rd or close by. I forgot about that place opening up. Now it makes sense.

derm
    derm
    Participant

The Grandview police area outstanding at responding to resident concerns. I would be calling them if you see anything like that. They have instantly fixed any problems I have had in the past with other concerns.

The property itself is in the City and the lightest patrolled part of the City as well so there is little police presence around it.

cbus11

derm said:
    The Grandview police area outstanding at responding to resident concerns. I would be calling them if you see anything like that. They have instantly fixed any problems I have had in the past with other concerns.

+1 The project is called the Commons on 3rd and seems to be very a commendable project.

The Commons at Third – News & Updates

ricospaz
    Participant

Well that side of 3rd is CPD though..

thomasp

ricospaz said:

Yeah, correct, so no jurisdiction. I just have noticed a leak-over into GH proper, seeing as though it’s about 50 feet away.

cbus11

ricospaz said:

That side is mostly industrial/warehouse. If someone is walking in your yard you call the local cops whoever they are.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Commons on Third is run by the same organization that runs Commons at Grant and Commons at Buckingham, both Downtown. I’ve heard very few issues at those development, if any.

I’d hesitate to jump to conclusions that the problem is directly related to that development without really knowing.

thomasp

cbus11 said:
    That side is mostly industrial/warehouse. If someone is walking in your yard you call the local cops whoever they are.

Yep, I guess I will contact them about the issue. The random meet-ups of people and cars along the industrial parking lots along 3rd are also concerning, but I guess nothing you can do but watch

thomasp

Walker said:
    The Commons on Third is run by the same organization that runs Commons at Grant and Commons at Buckingham, both Downtown. I’ve heard very few issues at those development, if any.

I’d hesitate to jump to conclusions that the problem is directly related to that development without really knowing.

Yeah, I agree, but I just noticed a lot more “sketchy” foot traffic along 3rd/2nd in GH. I’m not quick to do that, but then I looked up the place, and they are definitely having some issues with violence as there have been 2 assault arrests there in the past couple of months.

((12/4/12: RP stated a male friend of hers, XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX struck her 8 times with a closed fist to her head and face without reason. RP stated that suspect gets that way when he is on pills. Officers advised RP to stay away from suspect and not let him in her apartment and referred her to the prosecutors office to file charges if that is what she wanted to do. RP refused medical treatment.))

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

thomasp said:
    Yeah, I agree, but I just noticed a lot more “sketchy” foot traffic along 3rd/2nd in GH. I’m not quick to do that, but then I looked up the place, and they are definitely having some issues with violence as there have been 2 assault arrests there in the past couple of months.

Thats a shame to hear. Hope they can get it under control.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

I’ve also noticed CPD car 43 has taken to sitting parked where he can watch that complex. I see him there on Norton across the street from the new apartments pretty often.

If you’re having issues on 2nd ave, let GHPD know. Last time I had to call them about something they were on site in under 1 minute.

thomasp

Another problem near the “COMMONS AT THIRD” complex: Man Spotted Performing Sex Act Outside Grandview Heights-Area Businesses

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/12/28/columbus-man-accused-of-exposing-himself-outside-businesses.html

Could be the same “Underwear” guy as described above?

Either way, disgusting, and sad this area is starting to be hit with this crap…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE