Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Press Grill Concept Going into Former Grandview Graffiti Burger

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Press Grill Concept Going into Former Grandview Graffiti Burger

This topic contains 20 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  wpcc88 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

Driving by the closed Graffiti burger there is a new construction sign for Buckeye something restaurant construction. Isnt this the Cameron Mitchell construction group? Anybody either have the scoop on what is going in here or link me to the CU thread I missed where you all talked about it.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Good eye..I’ll dig around for an answer

ohbr
    Participant

hopefully something like the one in Clintonville.

Cal
    Participant

I’ve heard from a bartender that it’s going to be Press Grill.

Twixlen
    Participant

I also heard Press Grill.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Oh man that is nice. I could do me a Press burger and cottage fries right now.

News
    Participant

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-roundup-new-menus-new-beer-and-spring-openings-rw1

The Press Grill team is taking over the former Graffiti Burger space in Grandview, at 1505 West 5th Avenue. No word on what exactly is happening yet, but we’ll keep you posted on developments.

jdubilla
    Participant

Any updates on this? It looks like most of the construction is wrapping up. Looks pretty good

jmiller10
    Participant

Does anyone have any updates on this? Construction seems to be done, but I drove by yesterday and and there’s plastic bags taped over the windows. I didn’t see anything that might suggest it’s still being worked on. Fingers crossed the Press Grill plan still goes through!

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

I never heard of Press Grill. Is that a chain?

jmiller10
    Participant

I never heard of Press Grill. Is that a chain?

Not a true chain, the original location is on High in the Short North, this would be the second location. Not sure what really classifies a chain, I don’t really consider only 2 restaurants to be one, though.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I’m hoping it’s a different concept from those guys. We don’t need two Press Grills, in my opinion. They’ve been pretty hush hush about it.

zp945
    Participant

I think Press Grill was opened by the Club 185/Rossi/Little Palace group but they sold it. The new owners would be the one opening this location? I’m not sure of that just what I think…

futureman
    Participant

Rumor on the Grandview facebook group is a soft opening within a week.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m hoping it’s a different concept from those guys. We don’t need two Press Grills, in my opinion. They’ve been pretty hush hush about it.

I split a “original” pizza with my wife last Saturday at Press Grill. It was fantastic as always. There crust is unique and tasty. We also commented that it’s still a place that the student crowd hasn’t really discovered. Which is weird because of the cheap burger lore.

I don’t think this location could mimic the feel of the High Street haunt, but if they serve similar pizza I’ll be getting take out quite a bit.

Press Grill = I’m a fan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Tour dozens of apartments, condos and homes on Sunday, May 5th during the sixth annual Urban Living Tour!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO