Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Cafe Deal - Cancelled?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Grandview Cafe Deal – Cancelled?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

thomaspickles
    Participant

I am fairly local to the GC and heard today that the deal fell through last minute, and nobody is sure what’s coming next for the location. Did anyone have any details or hear anything else?

drew
    Participant

What was supposed to happen?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Well I saw a lot of construction going on there gutting the place this past weekend. So someone is doing something apparently.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I would have guessed that the huge Grandview Yard development would have shored all these places up. Guess I guessed wrong. It’s the nature of changing traffic patterns, I guess. Locations fall out of favor. I know when we last ate there maybe six months ago the parking was pretty full and there was a short wait to get in.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>drew wrote:</div>
    What was supposed to happen?

https://www.columbusunderground.com/grandview-cafe-rw1

I wouldn’t have thought that the interior there needed that much of a remodel. The food might need need some tweaking. Their menu seemed to be in a state of flux between classic dishes and modern fusion stuff.

futureman
    Participant

The current rumor is that it’s back on track.

derm
    derm
    Participant

It was an absolutely dynamite dirt cheap family Greek restaurant 20 years ago. It went up for sale around that time for about 300k for the bar, restaurant and whole building when the patriarch had his quadruple bypass(if memory serves). My buddy asked me if I wanted to go in with him on it but we never did. I was so excited when it was purchased and heard it would be an upgraded restaurant. At that time there was Spagio and Figlio basically only on Grandview avenue with Gibby’s(which I loved) down 3rd. Z Cucina was still Byerley’s Aquarium.

When they opened we went the first week or two and the menu had about ten items, mostly crap including I kid you not peanut butter and jelly and it was not a kid menu.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

derm, PB&J is currently on the Bodega menu and they don’t have a kids menu!

Nancy H
    Participant

The now gone, Guidos Speakeasy (439 N High) had a PB&J sandwich on their menu, that was quite popular, and it was something like Skippy & Smuckers. Don’t remember the price.

I have not been in Krema around lunch time in ages. But, they used to have a line of people waiting to order a PB&J sandwich and a glass of milk. That was the extend of their lunch menu.

Hmmm… just made a note to visit Krema. Always loved their cashew butter and their cayenne pepper peanut butter.

tolemac5050
    Participant

G.D. Ritzy’s had a decent PBJ

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I was at Krema today and we were cheek by jowl in there. Same thing at Thurns except they didn’t have jowls.

I remember the Grandview Cafe as a Greek place, it resembled the Blue Danube. Back then you could smoke inside and oh man did the bar staff smoke. I expected them to drop ashes in my food, by accident.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

This thread is now about PB&Js in CBUS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: