Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Ave & Dublin Rd Redeveopment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Ave & Dublin Rd Redeveopment

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Would have made for a great Stone Brewing facility, lol

beating a dead horse

surber17
    Participant

I see a lot of work going on here, does anyone have a link to a master plan?

surber17
    Participant

I found a page for it on Wagenbrenner’s website, but it only states it will be called Grandview Crossing. Doesn’t look like any plans have been finalized yet.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah they cleared that whole forest in what felt like 1 night. Sad to see it all go though. All this development in and around Grandview means just more congestion. [/OldManRants]

StateofDevotion
    Participant

Pretty cool drone video of various Wagenbrenner projects including the one at Grandview/Dublin Rd:

SteveKZ087
    Participant

Thanks for the post. I really like this kind of update tool for ongoing construction. I’d love to see more of these.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, very cool video!

GCrites80s
    Participant

Wasn’t this site a dump for a while? I wonder if they found any remnants of the old train station.

CAM Studios
    Participant

I own CAM Studios right beside the mass destruction and one day speaking with my landlord, he said Weganbrenner’s master plan has a Costco as the anchor store for Grandview crossing. My mind was blown and my heart sank to the bottom of my suburban parking lot feet when I heard this news.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I own CAM Studios right beside the mass destruction and one day speaking with my landlord, he said Weganbrenner’s master plan has a Costco as the anchor store for Grandview crossing.

I’m skeptical that a 4th Costco would be added to the region. Especially since there’s thoughts that a third one is pushing it:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/does-columbus-need-a-third-costco

My understanding is that the plans for “Grandview Crossing” are not fully complete, but it will likely be something Costo-like.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Is the new-ish building at the northeast corner of Grandview Ave/33 where the hooker hotel used to be, owned by the same developers? The building seems strangely laid out and unable to attract many tenants.

futureman
    Participant

Is the new-ish building at the northeast corner of Grandview Ave/33 where the hooker hotel used to be, owned by the same developers? The building seems strangely laid out and unable to attract many tenants.

I believe it is a different company. The Knights Inn was actually just behind the new building. Also, despite how it looks, the new build is fully leased. It has a daycare that takes up most of the space with a nail place taking the rest.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ColumbusTime wrote:</div>

I believe it is a different company. The Knights Inn was actually just behind the new building. Also, despite how it looks, the new build is fully leased. It has a daycare that takes up most of the space with a nail place taking the rest.

OK, just seems a primo corner should have more high-traffic, established tenants, but if those tenants can be successful there, more power to them. It was a terrible layout for the fast food chain that started there, but moved out pretty quickly.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just seems a primo corner should have more high-traffic, established tenants…

You mean like a BP, Meineke, or a vacant lot? ;)

ricospaz
    Participant

Steak Escape couldn’t make it on that corner. the building has a weird layout too.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: