Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Ave & Dublin Rd Redeveopment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Ave & Dublin Rd Redeveopment

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 142 total)
  • Author

cbus11

It does sound a lot like a bunch of similar developments currently in pockets along dublin road. Unless they change the infrastructure, I think it will continue to be isolated.

derm
    derm
    Participant

That is quite an area for those who are unfamiliar with it. It is not easily accessed into the Grandview scene due to railroad tracks between it and Goodale. It has multiple ponds, rumors of buried train stations, quite the wildlife population as well as a thriving homeless community. Very few 35 acres woodlots in sight of downtown. I was glad for no Walmart, but hope they do something good with it. If they do then the Steak Escape will have plenty of patrons. Dont know where the campers will go. It is unknown how many live there as the only “road” to get there is the csx service road behind the NAPA on GView ave.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Didn’t know about the “campers”, I see indigents by Barley’s downtown a LOT more than by the Smokehouse, but “campers” might not want to draw attention to themselves. There is a feral cat population in the area, though. May be preferable to mice.

I can’t imagine Steak Escape as a destination. Barley’s Smokehouse is doing well, but I wouldn’t say it’s from foot traffic from up the hill. It’s relative isolation = a necessary parking lot.

AMEEKER
    Participant

@0Angle – hahaha… No, I wouldn’t call Steak Escape a destination either! I guess at this point I’ll just be glad to see something else there beside the construction or half-way finished building that is there now.

leftovers

I would like them to finish the sidewalk to the Grandview part of the bikepath.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Glad this is happening, I hate going through this part of town. I just wish I could read the full articles!

byJody
    Participant

The bikeway between Souder Ave and Grandview Ave will be started in May 2012.

ODOT PID 77591: Scioto Bikeway Connector from Souder Ave to Grandview Ave, Bikeway, Class I Path, 2 lanes, to connect two existing segments of the Scioto Trail. To allow continuous travel from from the existing bikepath along US-33 to the existing bikepath at the I-670/Grandview Ave interchange.

Bikeways FRA SCIOTO BIKEWAY CONNECTOR
    PID 77591
    Priority Dt 2/13/2012
    Sale Date 5/10/2012

Click to access t_funding_TIPProjectListingbyagency.pdf

In the near future, this knife and fork will lead bicycle tourists to Columbus food. [the sign is real, but there are 2 sections missing East of Battelle Darby and East of Grandview]

Stuggots

Should be interesting to see of Kroger moves there chambers rd store to this location, I heard it’s a done deal that Giant Eagle is putting there Market District concept on 3rd just outside the “Yard”

Stuggots

Stuggots said:
    Should be interesting to see of Kroger moves their Chambers rd store to this location, I heard it’s a done deal that Giant Eagle is putting there Market District concept on 3rd just outside the “Yard”

cc

Stuggots said:
    Should be interesting to see of Kroger moves there chambers rd store to this location, I heard it’s a done deal that Giant Eagle is putting there Market District concept on 3rd just outside the “Yard”

I don’t think Kroger would want to lose proximity to the lucrative Upper Arlington crowd. I am also surprised that GE would give up its high visibility on 5th, but it is a smaller store with a limited lot.

Personally, I think a grocery would do well in the Yard area.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Stuggots said:

I shop at that Kroger weekly (the ghetto kroger is closer to me but even after the renovations I can’t do it.) It’s pretty packed all the time so I’d be shocked if they moved.

cbus11

I doubt Kroger will move as they recently went to a lot of effort to get a Turkey Hill gas station built on their lot at Chambers.

I think there is definitely room for a full service grocery store near the Yard. I have heard various sources have been looking into building there. It will be great for that area and also easily accessible from the Arena District, Franklinton and downtown.

GCrites80s
    Participant

The Chambers rd. Kroger was just remodeled and they have room to expand at the site as well.

Man, I do want to see what turns up when they do start moving dirt at the Grandview and Dublin site? Buried train station? Riff Raff’s old airplane and Hector, Wordswoth and Mungo’s old car?

futureman
    Participant

The proposed layout looks awfully familiar to the previous attempt, with the exception of having three office buildings instead of all retail. 220,000 sf in 3 buildings I’d estimate they would be ~ 3 stories tall.

Former Kaplin landfill primed for reuse, pending Clean Ohio funding
    Premium content from Business First by Brian R. Ball, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, January 20, 2012, 6:00am EST

Wagenbrenner Development Inc. has emerged as the only Central Ohio competitor for what may be the last round of Clean Ohio Revitalization Fund grants, but it will see 20 others around the state seeking a share as well.

The Columbus developer is asking for $3 million from the $20 million pool to clean the former Kaplin landfill on Dublin Road in the city. At least 15 other projects are seeking a combined $24 million, and five others have yet to reveal how much money they want.

(…)

Wagenbrenner has tentative plans for a project dubbed Grandview Crossing at the Kaplin site. It would include up to 220,000 square feet for offices divided among three buildings and 219,000 square feet for retailers in two buildings.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/01/20/former-landfill-primed-for-reuse.html

johnwirtz
    Participant

Looks dull

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 142 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: