Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grandview Ave & Dublin Rd Redeveopment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Ave & Dublin Rd Redeveopment

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Author

tonloc620
    Participant

Is the new-ish building at the northeast corner of Grandview Ave/33 where the hooker hotel used to be, owned by the same developers? The building seems strangely laid out and unable to attract many tenants.

It is not, Continental owns that building, some individual owns the site where the hotel used to be. Both of those sites are in the city of Grandview Heights. The rest of the land is owned by Wagonbrenner and sits in the city of Columbus.

News
    Participant

Big Box Retail a Possibility for Grandview Crossing Site
    November 28, 2014 7:00 am – Brent Warren

Remediation work continues at Grandview Crossing, the nearly 40-acre former landfill site near the intersection of Dublin Road and Grandview Avenue. Wagenbrenner Development partner Joe Williams recently told Columbus Underground that a range of uses are still on the table for the site – although the increasing interest in urban acreage from big box retailers would definitely be a factor in its development.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/big-box-retail-a-possibility-for-grandview-crossing-site-bw1

jbcmh81
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wow. That was a pretty useless non-update from The Dispatch.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Wow. That was a pretty useless non-update from The Dispatch.

Yes it was, though what I was focused on was the lack of any residential and just going for another retail center. No doubt with plenty of surface parking. Pretty uninspired, especially when urban residential demand is so sky-high.

derm
    derm
    Participant

I am surprised that at least the Grandview portion will not have apartments. These would be in the school district and easily walkable to both sets of schools, the pool and Wyman. The demand is tremendous and the schools have room. Odd to me.

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

I’m curious what retailers will sign on. I live 6 minutes away from that intersection, so I would certainly be a frequent customer if it has the right mix of stores.

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: