Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grammar police

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Brant
    Participant

“My shoelaces are LOOSE.”

“If we don’t practice we will LOSE the game.”

Brant
    Participant

Shit. I meant to put this under “Chit Chat.” Help, Walker!

Matthew
    Participant

O KNO U R LOOST! :P

DavidF
    Participant

For what means you be poosting such thread?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Knawdumsayin?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

HeySquare
    Participant

There is a mouse in the house.

Their car had a flat tire.

They’re a fun couple.

———————-

They’re eating their hotdogs there.

karenS

And since when did “each other” become one word? More and more, I see it written as “eachother”. That is not correct, so please stop it!

Tigertree

I took a grammar quiz online the other day and was really disappointed with how I did. I need to brush up.

adrock

please advice.

Bear
    Participant

“wants” or “needs” followed immediately by a past participle (“That needs fixed”)

and

a positive statement followed by “anymore” (“Textbooks are really expensive anymore”)

DavidF
    Participant

Grammar is really fun anymore. Irregardless.

Tigertree

Shopping for a truck on craigslist has been a cringefest. Here is a recent ad that just came up. I have changed nothing:

i have a 1995 cadillac ederado. It has a few issues most minor. The main problem is that its overheating. Also a radiator fan was crackes and one day while it was started a fan blade snapped off and sliced the red wire leading off of the alternator so it dosent hold power, all it needs is a new wire. Ther is some front end damage. The women who owned it befour me rear ended someone and messed it up, but new headlights have been put in and a raidiator. Also i got a new fan due to the other one breaking. The hoods kinda messed up and needs a grill. The windshield is cracked but i have purchest a new one but havent yet installed it. With the new headlights and windshield its now street leagle i dident want to buy a new hood and grill untill i had fixed the mechanicle problems first. Im not sure what i want out of it so make an offer, maby even a posible trade or an old s10 or ranger. Call Dan at 614-762-7169 call anytime after 3pm

the_gila
    Participant

@Tigertree – I applaud you (or feel sorry for you) for being able to get through that whole thing!

El Stonio

Me no ready, for car no needy, if he thinks he’ll sell it, he must be on weedy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION