Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Graffiti Burger Closes Pickerington Location

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Graffiti Burger Closes Pickerington Location

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

NerosNeptune
    Participant

been a long time since i’ve been to a fuddruckers.. did they go out of business or are they just not in Columbus?

Inferno looks interesting. I like the addition of veggie burgers (might as well throw in a veggie option for the hot dogs while you’re at it?), and the tickets on the menu.. fun to see since I’ve been to a few of those places

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

NerosNeptune said:
    been a long time since i’ve been to a fuddruckers.. did they go out of business or are they just not in Columbus?

The latter:

Fuddruckers pulls plug on Columbus restaurants

Though I’ve heard that they’ll be pretty much on every corner in another 500 years.

Doug Powhida
    Participant

Five Guys v Graffiti Burger A taste comparison by HolyJuan.

mrpoppinzs

my faith that every millennial blogs has been restored…

pretty accurate review imho

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

cheap said:
    i miss fuddrucker’s

And here I thought I was the only one :)

tolemac5050
    Participant

Porky said:
    And here I thought I was the only one :)

Flakey Jakes was good, also. (161)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    The latter:

Fuddruckers pulls plug on Columbus restaurants

Though I’ve heard that they’ll be pretty much on every corner in another 500 years.

They will, after a name change…

Mister Shifter
    Participant

My wife whines about Fuddruckers being gone all the time.

I personally miss Schlotzsky’s Deli.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    My wife whines about Fuddruckers being gone all the time.

I personally miss Schlotzsky’s Deli.

I would kill for a muffaletta from Schlotzky’s right now, no olives.

BuenaVista

I had a Fuddruckers about a block from my condo in the last city I lived in, which was about 18 months ago. That place gives you the shits everytime, and it is not that good. It was however, very cheap, a burger, fries, and drink special was like 7.00. Surprisingly the one near me became a cool place to hangout on the weekends? The parking lot of Fudrucker’s would become a party on a Friday or Saturday. It was weird.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I always thought they were pretty good. As long as your burger isn’t burnt you pretty much do the rest yourself.

MissyAnn

FSonicSmith said:

Yeah, their website only has three locations listed:
    http://www.graffitiburger.com/order-online
    “Pickerington: Where good ideas go to die?”

Couldn’t agree more Walker. I live in Pickerington. Our boy going to college in NYC is home on winter break. Wanting to take him out some place with style last night necessitated a trip back donwtown after I had already made the trip home from downtown. It sucks. The Pickerington/Reynoldsburg area is simply a wasteland. I hate to make baseless generalizations, but the inhabitants of this area want very familiar food served in large portions; they are generally the fattest, worst dressed, and culturally deprived mix of people you will find in any middle class or higher area of Central Ohio. Strong statement, but go to Scali’s (which stands out primarily by virtue of relativity) on a Friday or Saturday night and look around. I guess I’m frustrated and ready to move after 25 years of living there.

I grew up in Pickerington and still live near there and just because we don’t want to spend outrageous money on a burger doesn’t make it a wasteland. If you put a restaurant in a stupid location like where this one was and where CJ was, then that is your fault.

tolemac5050
    Participant

It appears that the last remaining graffiti burger has closed. (Fifth Ave). What a shame…great concept early on…then quality suffered, a Co founder died..enjoyed it early on.

Schoolboy
    Participant

My favorite burger place would be the spot like graffiti or five guys that would finally do a 0 fat burger… or something close to that affect. That would save me the time from having to do it at home. And that’s typically only when I can get a buy one get one roast from the store. One for roasting, the other for burgers.

Take a roast, chop it up, grind it up, smash into thin patties, cook on a super insanely hot charcoal grill 2 mins max on each side… and that’s my favorite burger. Load it up with all of your favorite extras. Is it dripping with grease? No… well good. Still plenty moist, and isn’t even close to as unhealthy. Not even so sure how unhealthy it is actually.

ModernTenshi04
    Participant

The sad thing is, everything that’s gone into that spot Graffiti Burger occupied has gone belly up within a year or two. Seems to be a cursed location.

There used to be a decent wrap place there, then Graffiti Burger, then Inferno Burger. Earlier this year it looked like it was going to be some kind of Indian food restrauant, which could have been interesting as I don’t think Pickerington has one in the area, but it looks like they pulled out. Now it’s some Mexican restaurant, which I’ve not heard good things about.

The trick to Pickerington, I’ve found, is two things: location, and price.

Graffiti Burger simply couldn’t compete on either. They’re right next to a Steak ‘n Shake, which has been there for over a decade and people have come to know and love it; it’s the perfect after movie restaurant for many. As such, when you come out of a movie at Marcus (which can already be expensive) you’re faced with a higher expense for relatively good quality at Graffiti Burger, or cheap but good enough at Steak ‘n Shake.

I honestly think it’s just as simple as that.

We had Fetta Greek Kuzina where the old Schlotzkey’s was, and that shut down after a few years. Biggest complaint I heard regarding them? The price. Started off affordable, then they cranked things up and people just wouldn’t have it. There appears to be something new going in there now, saw some guys in there rennovating a few weeks ago. Also didn’t help that Cafe Mediterenia decided to really grow further up 256, with food that was just as good at a much better price, and they happened to be closer to more residents in Pickerington (anything close to 256 is likely a bit of a drive for most residents).

I’m betting the Mexican restaurant that moved in to the old Graffiti Burger spot won’t last very long either. They’re really close to La Fogata, pretty much regarded as a staple in Pickerington which has been there for years, and then there’s Senior Patron (though I think the name changed recently) up 256 in the strip mall.

Citizens in Pickerington are open to trying new things, but if the location isn’t right, or is closer to an already cheap alternative they’ve been used to for years, they’re going to go there.

Honestly just a case of not understanding the location.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: