Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Graffiti Burger Closes Pickerington Location

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Graffiti Burger Closes Pickerington Location

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

tolemac5050
    Participant

I was trying to find the phone number for the Graffiti Burger located on the east side, Pickerington area, and this location is no longer open for business.

leftovers

The last couple of times I have gone to the Grandview location it was ‘meh’. I think their quality and portion size has gone down.

columbusmike
    Participant

Quality has definitely gone down. I’ll be surprised if they are open at the end of the year unless they go back to their original quality/taste.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, their website only has three locations listed:

http://www.graffitiburger.com/order-online

“Pickerington: Where good ideas go to die?”

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more Walker. I live in Pickerington. Our boy going to college in NYC is home on winter break. Wanting to take him out some place with style last night necessitated a trip back donwtown after I had already made the trip home from downtown. It sucks. The Pickerington/Reynoldsburg area is simply a wasteland. I hate to make baseless generalizations, but the inhabitants of this area want very familiar food served in large portions; they are generally the fattest, worst dressed, and culturally deprived mix of people you will find in any middle class or higher area of Central Ohio. Strong statement, but go to Scali’s (which stands out primarily by virtue of relativity) on a Friday or Saturday night and look around. I guess I’m frustrated and ready to move after 25 years of living there.

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

That’s too bad to hear about Pickerington in general, and Graffiti Burger in particular.

“Downtown” Pickerington does have the very good Village Crepe. Worth a visit!
    http://www.villagecrepe-pickerington.com/

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

FSonicSmith said:

Couldn’t agree more Walker. I live in Pickerington. Our boy going to college in NYC is home on winter break. Wanting to take him out some place with style last night necessitated a trip back donwtown after I had already made the trip home from downtown. It sucks. The Pickerington/Reynoldsburg area is simply a wasteland. I hate to make baseless generalizations, but the inhabitants of this area want very familiar food served in large portions; they are generally the fattest, worst dressed, and culturally deprived mix of people you will find in any middle class or higher area of Central Ohio. Strong statement, but go to Scali’s (which stands out primarily by virtue of relativity) on a Friday or Saturday night and look around. I guess I’m frustrated and ready to move after 25 years of living there.

I don’t see how Pickerington is any worse in the aforementioned regard than any other middle class community around central Ohio. I do understand the frustration though.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve never thought of Pickerington as an overly bad place, and I don’t really think the stereotypes of the people who live there is really very fair to everyone who lives there.

That being said, I think it’s worth noting that Cup O Joe also attempted their first suburban-style location in Pickerington, and it was not a success. They couldn’t get it to work in competition with chains in the area, and the customer base was just completely different that any of their other locations. Which is odd, because you’d think that even small chains like CoJ or Graffiti have at least a bit of name recognition to give them an advantage in any Central Ohio location…

leftovers

I think with their quality suffering, Graffiti burger is just not offering anything special in a market flooded with burgers.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

Well, again, as a 25 year veteran/resident, all I can say is “I know my peeps”. Pickerington is very suburban (as in housing developments) and I have lived in three houses in three housing developments. I have observed my neighbbors in each. Picktown is full of straight-laced non-adventuresome white-bread folks. Metaphorically a bunch of people who used to play in the high school band of a rural farm area town. Yes, Pickerington is not an “overly bad place”. Hell, in many ways it’s a very nice place. But not for independant restaurants and not for anything far beyond the realm of mall food.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The Wine Guy Bistro is a gem in Pickerington.

http://thewineguywineshop.com/docs/Pickerington/The_Bistro_Dinner_Menu.pdf

The proximity to Scali Ristorante is also nice, patron casualty aside.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

@FSonic

You should move downtown! I know nothing about Pickerington, but you definitely sound too urbane for your current locale.

If you spend some time looking, I’m sure you can find something nice near downtown for a price comparable to wherever you’re living now. Plus, you could eliminate your commute! :)

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

@FSonic
    You should move downtown! I know nothing about Pickerington, but you definitely sound too urbane for your current locale.
    If you spend some time looking, I’m sure you can find something nice near downtown for a price comparable to wherever you’re living now. Plus, you could eliminate your commute! :)

I think you are right. Once I get boys through college.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

wow that sucks, I was just there December 23rd, true my burger was much smaller than usual. But i’m surprised there closed. There’s a girl in my English Class and she work’s there and hasn’t said anything about it.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Well, yeah, in 1986 Pickerington was kind of a neat place instead of an Epicenter of Doom like it is now. Downtown Pickerington looked really neat the one time I was able to find it. Unfortunately a Google Image Search only produced pictures of Downtown Columbus, subdivision houses and some cool pictures of motorcycles and quads racing on ice (which didn’t actually happen in Pickerington), so I don’t have one to show.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION