Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Graffiti Art

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 337 total)
  • Author

scottlitch
    Participant

I saw this this afternoon. Terrible!

Graybeak
    Participant

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Fry him up.

King was arrested early Friday after police caught him tagging the back of a building in the Short North.

Police said King, who had spread his SEED tag on numerous buildings in Clintonville, the Northland area and the University District before his 2010 arrest, was seen by officers spray-painting the Garden Theater, 1187 N. High St., at 2:22 a.m. on Friday.

Dispatch Story

Is King the asshole who’s responsible for the jellyfish? My garage had a couple. I’ve painted over them, but you can still see the bleedthrough. Our garage gets tagged a LOT. It’s a big white wall on an alley not far from High St. All sides except the side facing the yard have been tagged at one point or another. Don’t know when we’ll repaint the whole thing — ’cause it would really suck to get tagged again as soon as it’s all pristine. But, currently, we have so many different shades of white from all the cover up painting we’ve had to do. Seriously, these guys really piss me off. Surprising this guy went right back to it after a year in jail. Frankly, I think it would be better to make them cleanup after graffiti. I want my garage fully repainted, at the taggers’ expense…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Seth King will serve 238 days in jail, have an additional 165 days suspended, and is required to pay restitution.

http://columbuscityattorney.org/pdf/press/PleaAgreement.pdf

I hope this stupid bitch pays that restitution.

FireEngine
    Participant

Snarf said:

Seth King will serve 238 days in jail, have an additional 165 days suspended, and is required to pay restitution.

http://columbuscityattorney.org/pdf/press/PleaAgreement.pdf

I hope this stupid bitch pays that restitution.

Per the Dispatch article from his arrest, he didn’t pay the restitution from the first case.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

His eyes look really close together.

2 new jellyfish have appeared on my garage.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

misskitty
    Participant

You know I just got back from Germany and I have to note that Berlin is covered from head to toe in graffiti. Old buildings, New Buildings, Historic buildings I mean everything. I saw kids tagging shit like the Wall and historic buildings in the middle of the day with cops nearby. I guess over there they just do not give a shit. Even when I drove to the villages from Berlin to Munich, they were even covered in graffiti. No man’s land covered in that “art.”
    Now I will Say that I saw some of the most amazing graffiti art while there especially and more so in the abandoned places I was exploring. (But that’s the key because there abandoned places) However, on the street and in the towns in all honesty it made the city look ghetto as hell. It did not really add anything to the environment rather just makes it look like crap and it was depressing to see. It is a urban street photographers dream so it worked out for me but overall it was some fugly shit.

Yep, that’s the thing. This has nothing to do with abandoned buildings in a neglected area. This is my yard, which I work hard to make beautiful. I get hit with a variety of stencils, sayings, and unartistic pictures. These are so frustrating. My garage is cement block, and the spray paint gets into all those pits in the cement, and is difficult to cover. I haven’t even gotten a chance to begin covering the latest jellyfish, because I really have a lot on my plate (I’m in the midst of another home renovation project, among other things).

The people who do this are immature, stunningly arrogant, and criminal. I feel an equivalent would be if I was to smear crap on their clothes or cars or whatever they take some pride in and that serve as a reflection of who they are, as they do to us when they continually assault our home.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Somebody removed the payphone! Now the guerrilla art doesn’t make sense anymore! Oh no!

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

I beg to differ. That’s not a guerrilla. It’s Uncle Sam. ;)

Graybeak
    Participant
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

he/she hit the ally behind my house last week.

misskitty
    Participant

Graffiti sucks
    However, right now, I bet west side would prefer a few kinds of prettier jellyfish rather then what we were hit with this week. Someone spent the last week walking up and down streets mindlessly tagging entire sides of houses and businesses with lots of spray paint shit.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 337 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE