Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tribeca - Edwards Communities Apartments on West Third Avenue

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Tribeca – Edwards Communities Apartments on West Third Avenue

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

DavidF
    Participant

cheap said:
    im in that age bracket,and you would have to pay me to live in that clusterfuck

Tribeca is the Forums retirement village disguised as a hip and trendy place for hip and trendy people.

people in my age group call those people suckers

+1 (damn you cheap, you’re starting to grow on me)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I do think that the turret/wall issue is looking a little better now that there’s some verticality behind it. More photos, here:

Construction Roundup — July 2012

mrmann

It still looks like a prison.

cheap

biltmore house

ohio reformatory(mansfield)

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

No amount of “verticality” will ever make this dibacle look good. Such an epic fail.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple of new construction photos here:

Construction Roundup: August 2012 Part 2

futureman
    Participant

Next door to Tribeca, redevelopment of the former studio and bank are moving forward. I ran across –

http://bzs.columbus.gov/commission.aspx?id=16938

Location: 1177 – 1201 OLENTANGY RIVER ROAD (43212), located at the northwest corner of W. 3rd Ave. & Olentangy River Rd.

Proposal: To construct a new restaurant building and to convert a former production studio into retail stores

Request:
    3372.704, Setback requirements.
    To increase the maximum building setback from 25 ft. to 40 ft. for a new restaurant building and to 50 ft. for an existing commercial building. Also, to reduce the required parking setback from 25 ft. to 5 ft. along Olentangy River Rd.

3372.707, Landscaping and screening.
    To not locate a dumpster behind the principle building; to permit the placement of a dumpster on the north side of a restaurant building.

3372.709, Parking and circulation.
    To permit parking spaces and a circulation aisle between a principal building and the street right-of-way line along Olentangy River Rd.

I wonder if they are planning on building the new restaurant next to the former Bank, or demolish it?

surber17
    Participant

“To permit parking spaces and a circulation aisle between a principal building and the street right-of-way line along Olentangy River Rd.”

This sounds like they want to setup a stripmall type restaurant instead of moving to the new standards for that street. My guess is because they just want to renovate the existing building that doesn’t meet the new building codes.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

(Shakes head) No comment.

leftovers

Sounds like they are just renovating. I was told it didn’t last too long as a bar & restaurant (Liberty’s) but changed into a hip hop club then closed.

Hopefully all of this new development will keep whatever goes there in business.

Personally I have mixed feelings as tearing down that building seems a bit of a waste. The whole area (Third and Olentangy) unfortunately, does seem to be keeping a strip mall vibe.

Pablo
    Participant

surber17 said:
    “To permit parking spaces and a circulation aisle between a principal building and the street right-of-way line along Olentangy River Rd.”

This sounds like they want to setup a stripmall type restaurant instead of moving to the new standards for that street. My guess is because they just want to renovate the existing building that doesn’t meet the new building codes.

Sounds like a fast food restaurant to me…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

johnwirtz
    Participant

Walker said:
    I do think that the turret/wall issue is looking a little better now that there’s some verticality behind it. More photos, here:

Construction Roundup — July 2012

I don’t want to walk anywhere near there. Afraid of the sniper.

mrpoppinzs

Calling that Tribeca just adds to the ludicrousness.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I just threw up in my mouth.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: