Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Tribeca - Edwards Communities Apartments on West Third Avenue

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Tribeca – Edwards Communities Apartments on West Third Avenue

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

betsyeckel

Any idea when they will have more information about pricing/floor plans/move in dates for Tribeca? They have no information on their website about this property, and when you call another one like The Quarry they don’t know either. Seems kind of dumb considering Grandview Yard has all their information available already.

mrpoppinzs

betsyeckel said:
    Any idea when they will have more information about pricing/floor plans/move in dates for Tribeca? They have no information on their website about this property, and when you call another one like The Quarry they don’t know either. Seems kind of dumb considering Grandview Yard has all their information available already.

I have a friend who is consider this or Grandview Yard. I think Tribeca is putting off pricing as the area will be getting a Giant Eagle and other amenities soon. By waiting a bit I think they will garner a better price as more details come out.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New photo of this development… from here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-june-2012

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Photo of the Third Avenue side via Kyle Ezell:

bucki12

double post

bucki12

Walker said:

Yuck, that looks a little like the Great Wall of China from 3rd. I think it would be awfully stark walking on the future sidewalk next to that on the way to the new Giant Eagle. I think they should have opened it up, or broken up that monolithic wall.

It is like they are turning their back on 3rd ave, which will hopefully develop more of a pedestrian presence – no thanks to them.

columbusmike
    Participant

I noticed that the other day…it’s pretty awful driving by too. It appears that structure is a parking garage. A pretty strange layout…I’m shocked it got approval….however, there are probably no restrictions for that type of design in Columbus. Sure would make fighting a fire in the residential portion difficult for firetrucks.

cbus11

The treatment of Third Ave is awful.

Itanimulli
    Participant

Well… Is this Fortress Tribeca? Looks like it would be right at home up on Edwards Farms Rd. Yep, just checked it out, and this is their first “Urban” development. Unfortunate. Ugly.

mrpoppinzs

They aren’t giving 3rd Ave a chance, which is really a shame. I hope this lack of concern for an urban fabric is met with appropriately lackluster rental rates. Of course that is just wishful thinking…people will rent here because it is new and next to Grandview.

Someone should be shunned for building this anti-urban monstrosity and calling it ‘Tribeca’.

cheap

is that a guard tower on the corner?wtf??

mrpoppinzs

cheap said:
    is that a guard tower on the corner?wtf??

I am pretty sure it is…

derm
    derm
    Participant

That is horrible. I think they built it with current third in mind instead of future third. I ran the walk score for Old Man Ripley’s vet clinic that will be eventually be located in what looks to be the produce department of the new Giant Eagle, he being the only holdout to all the selling. He hit a high seventies walk score as a fairly walkable area. That is before the new Giant Eagle and all the stuff going into Grandview Yard. There is an UNBELIEVABLE amount of apartment units going up in a half mile radius of that area. It will be crawling with pedestrians. Almost like campus. Who ever builds a bar like the Loose Goose nearby will clean up.

leftovers

derm said:
    That is horrible.

+100

It is really disappointing that they would build crap like this along a burgeoning street with so much potential.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: