Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Google Fiber for Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Google Fiber for Clintonville

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

ssnyder5

Kansas City, KS was selected as the Google fiber-to-the-home community. Google is planning to begin offering the fiber-optic service starting in 2012.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704530204576235163052635494.html

Lakee911
    Participant

It’s too bad that Columbus wasn’t chosen. Thanks for all of your hard work in trying, Sarah.

I did notice orange conduit being installed (direct bury) along the edge of I-71 that I only assumed was for fiber optic cable (due to the color).

I found this online:

Columbus Traffic Signal System Project Phase A

I’m hoping that a lot of spare (dark) fiber is installed for future use. Projects like this can generally pave the way for other projects if we can share resources.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION