Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Google Chromebook

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Google Chromebook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The new Samsung Chromebook. Thin, light, portable. For $249.

Built for everyday use and perfect for sharing with others (if you really have to).

MORE: http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/

mrmann

I think Windows 8 screen limitations are holding back new netbooks while they pimp surface. I like the battery life of this chromebook.

surber17
    Participant

I bought it for my girlfriend last week and for 250 bucks its great. Almost everything you do on it is cloud based, but that’s also what I love about it.

mrmann

How is google docs? Is is pretty seamless with MS office?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

mrmann said:
    How is google docs? Is is pretty seamless with MS office?

Seamless + 1000x better. ;)

surber17
    Participant

Did you get one walker?

mrpoppinzs

For virus haters

Viruses, malware and other nasties are taken care of. No extra software (or worrying) required.

How does this work? I have relatives who seem to always end up with malware and viruses despite software protection. Won’t hackers just start writing viruses and malware for the Google Chrome OS? Are they just saying virus protection software is built in?

surber17
    Participant

Just that virus protection is built in I believe …. That said, no virus protection can protect from “bad” Internet browsing

mrpoppinzs

I see. I was hoping it might auto fresh install from the cloud periodically or something like that.

I remember a computer lab in college where the computers reinstalled from a disk image when they rebooted them.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

surber17 said:
    Did you get one walker?

No. Just reading up on them. ;)

surber17
    Participant

Considering the model they’re using – where almost everything is backed up on the web – I would think it would be much safer to browse using this …kind of like browsing on the iPad

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I’m wondering if Chrome and Android will eventually merge. It seems like it would make more sense that way.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Analogue Kid said:
    I’m wondering if Chrome and Android will eventually merge. It seems like it would make more sense that way.

I think that’s also the general plan for iOS and OSX

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION