Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Google Chrome Browser

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Google Chrome Browser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

bayrea
    Participant

Anyone else download this today? I did and after about an hour or so of playing around with it I think I like it and going to stick with it. So long IE…its been a fun trip.

gramarye
    Participant

Might think about it, but honestly, Firefox has been rock solid for me for years now–and the improvements keep coming, too.

Andrew Hall

Stuck w/ IE until such time as applications I have to run for work w/ work on something else.

A.

I thought it was interesting that the NPR report tonight didn’t even mention Firefox. The report was produced as though Chrome were the first competitor for IE. Anyway, I might give it a shot and see if it can pry me from my Mozilla….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I use Safari more than I do Firefox, mainly because I like how the spellchecking is tied into OSX. I just downloaded the new Firefox upgrade though, so perhaps it’s tied in now as well? I use them both a little bit as some websites refuse to work with Safari.

chaptal
    Participant

I like Firefox. Might give it a download when they introduce it for Macs just to try something different..

Bear
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote Stuck w/ IE until such time as applications I have to run for work w/ work on something else.

Try Camino with the User Agent extension installed. It lets you spoof IE quite effectively.

chaptal wrote I like Firefox. Might give it a download when they introduce it for Macs just to try something different..

When they…?

:)

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Introduction to Chrome by Scott McCloud: http://books.google.com/books?id=8UsqHohwwVYC&printsec=frontcover#PPA13,M1

It looks good.. I even know some people on the Firefox team and I may have to give it a try. I like the idea of each tab/window being a separate process that can be killed.

milodesc

with all the useful plugins available on firefox, I can’t imagine chrome becoming my default browser any time soon.

a few other observations:

– the “stats for nerds” option is awesome

– chrome is bugging out on me as i type this post. anyone else having trouble with the text boxes on chrome?

– pages seem to load faster for me in chrome than firefox

shmack

Walker wrote I use Safari more than I do Firefox, mainly because I like how the spellchecking is tied into OSX. I just downloaded the new Firefox upgrade though, so perhaps it’s tied in now as well? I use them both a little bit as some websites refuse to work with Safari.

my spellcheck has always been linked with firefox… but the plugins for firefox are far superior to the (practically nonexistent) safari ones (i’m thinking leechblock in particular). that said, firefox is a ram hog and i grudgingly use safari as my main browser.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Aaah, you folks that need spellcheck (gloat, gloat :lol: )….

I just had to throw that in there to compensate for the fact that I barely know what a “browser” is :)

joev
    Participant

Manatee wrote

I just had to throw that in there to compensate for the fact that I barely know what a “browser” is :)

I also like the new thingy. It has lots of plug ins for my various aps. It doesn’t crash my system when I hack into the mainframe.

(I know nothing…)

michaelcoyote
    Participant

shmack wrote that said, firefox is a ram hog

Memory management is *MUCH* better with the advent of FF3. If you haven’t upgraded, you should. It does a good job of keeping the memory footprint of FF down.. especially if like me you have 2-8 windows with 15-20 tabs each open.

And as always adding physical memory is the best way to improve the performance of any computer.. Are you maxed out on the amount of memory you have in your machine?

Rockmastermike
    Participant

joev wrote

Manatee wrote

I also like the new thingy. It has lots of plug ins for my various aps. It doesn’t crash my system when I hack into the mainframe.

(I know nothing…)

lol

ch0m3 r00lz d00d. i7 hax0r3z t3h G1bs0n & pwn3z t3h n00bz!

(wow… i havn’t tried to type like that in a LONG time)

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote

ch0m3 r00lz d00d. i7 hax0r3z t3h G1bs0n & pwn3z t3h n00bz!

(wow… i havn’t tried to type like that in a LONG time)

Last time I tried to type like that i got a cramp in my hand and couldn’t type the rest of the day…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: