Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good Tailor?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Good Tailor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

I have a coat that needs some repair. It hasn’t kept up with my wild antics. Just needs some restitching. I think. I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Where can I take it to get fixed up? I love the coat and I’m very sad about this :(

enzo
    Participant

Yeah, and from the dry cleaning thread I need a tailor to use yarn and fix a couple of sweaters from my antics.

bayrea
    Participant

Roland
    Participant

thanks bayrea

desecration
    Participant

Boris on Bethel Road

HeySquare
    Participant

If it’s a repair and nothing too complicated, I really like Marie’s… she’s downtown, on Front, just south of Long.

Very reasonable prices.

KSquared

desecration wrote Boris on Bethel Road

+1 on Boris

Just had some jeans hemmed with a “tricky” hem and a coat repaired. Turned out great!

Brewmaster

I just got two jackets done at Jin’s on 1st Ave. in Grandview. Good job…good prices. Highly recommended.

View Larger Map

Cyclist

Laura A can maybe fix it.

billiejean

Bump.

I’m also looking for a good but affordable tailor to tailor some blazers from H&M.

So far I’ve been looking through CU’s threads to find good suggestions for a good tailor. I’ve come up with Shim’s, Boris, and Jin’s that sound promising.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

wildgoose77

Three good suggestions isn’t enough to go on?

joev
    Participant

We go to the woman across from Giant Eagle and next to Barcelona in German Village. She is awesome. She can do a lot more than simple hemming and does it precisely and quick. She’s Russian, and not much for small talk. Expect a “Go to platform” rather than “hello.”

Twixlen
    Participant

Hills Alterations, W Broad Street… they do awesome work.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Hills Alterations, W Broad Street… they do awesome work.

+1 We had her replace the zipper on one my wife’s winter coats. She did a great job!

Roland
    Participant

Boris on Bethel did a great job repairing my coat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!