Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good space for a small party?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Good space for a small party?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

aaminian
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m throwing a birthday party for my wife and am looking for cool space that can accommodate 20-30 people. Needs to be somewhere that serves booze. We’ll only be there til about 11 before heading out for some bar hopping. Suggestions?

Thx!

Sethgc
    Participant

The basement in Barley’s on High is pretty cool.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I had a really nice bday event for my wife last year at Ray’s Living Room, 17 Brickel St. next to Homage.

Bar service and food from Rigsby’s – I recall it being very reasonable and easy to work with the staff.

carissadiane

The basement in Barleys is really cool.
    The PourHouse in Gahanna is cheap to rent out and is right on the river with a patio.
    Schmidt’s in German Village has private rooms with a bar.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Sethgc said:
    The basement in Barley’s on High is pretty cool.

+100!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I dunno about a Barley’s basement party for only 20 people.

Also, it’s a basement. I’ve been to some fun costume parties there, but a small number of folks wouldn’t be too exciting.

aaminian
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I dunno about a Barley’s basement party for only 20 people.

Also, it’s a basement. I’ve been to some fun costume parties there, but a small number of folks wouldn’t be too exciting.

Is it too large for that number of people?

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Nah we’ve been down there with a little more than a dozen or so peeps and have never felt like the space was too big, it’s pretty intimate.

Josh Rice
    Participant

Try Sidebar122 on Main. Three bars on three floors. Two private party areas on two floors. Contact Maria at [email protected] for more information.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

aaminian said:
    Is it too large for that number of people?

IMO it’s a bit large for that number.

As long as folks are suggesting basements, don’t forget Zeno’s!

Graybeak
    Participant

Well, and as the basement talk continues, we have had a few great parties in the basement at Gresso’s on S. High St.

twentzel

I’m not sure if you’re interested in areas beyond downtown, but I had a surprise party for my husband’s 30th at Marshall’s in Grandview. I didn’t have to pay anything to rent the party room and I had the party during happy hour on a Friday night, so beers were only $1 a piece. We had a dedicated server and everyone could order their beer through her and it all went on my tab. I also ordered a few pizzas and a veggie tray and they allowed us to bring in our own cake. It was a great party- cheap and low key.

Graybeak
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Well, and as the basement talk continues, we have had a few great parties in the basement at Gresso’s on S. High St.

Or, for that matter, the upstairs area at Gresso’s is good too.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

twentzel said:
    I’m not sure if you’re interested in areas beyond downtown, but I had a surprise party for my husband’s 30th at Marshall’s in Grandview. I didn’t have to pay anything to rent the party room and I had the party during happy hour on a Friday night, so beers were only $1 a piece. We had a dedicated server and everyone could order their beer through her and it all went on my tab. I also ordered a few pizzas and a veggie tray and they allowed us to bring in our own cake. It was a great party- cheap and low key.

Good pizza there, surprisingly good! Also they have Coors original bottles at that dollar per price, love me some banquet beer!

Our second floor dining room is becoming popular for parties of 20 to 50 people.

It is a casual space with its’ own bar, exposed brick walls and hardwood floors.

You can order food from the menu or have a custom menu for your party.

Stop in to see the space.

560 S. High Street
    Columbus, OH 43215

(614) 824-2301

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION