Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good Soft Pretzels in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Good Soft Pretzels in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

kcrissinger

Has anyone ever tried the jalapeno or habanero pretzels from Brezel? They sound delicious.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I want to try the Everything, Onion, Jalepeno, ARTICHOKE, GARLIC; KALAMATA OLIVE, a regular, and some buns. If B’s in town this Saturday maybe she will run down to the Cville mkt for me.

Awesome -> 6/6: Wurst and Pretzel Fest

kitty

kcrissinger wrote >>
    Has anyone ever tried the jalapeno or habanero pretzels from Brezel? They sound delicious.

The jalapeno is delicious! I’ve had the jalapeno, sun dried tomato, cinnamon sugar, and the original twists. I need to just make an order and stock my freezer with all of them.

kcrissinger

kitty wrote >>

kcrissinger wrote >>

The jalapeno is delicious! I’ve had the jalapeno, sun dried tomato, cinnamon sugar, and the original twists. I need to just make an order and stock my freezer with all of them.

I’m going to have to order some!!!! Thanks!

K+M

The NY Times just posted an article and recipe for Bavarian-Style Soft Pretzels. They recommend lye for the most authentic pretzel taste and texture. I’ve made my own Bretzel Rolls (from the Smitten Kitchen recipe) which uses baking soda and loved how they turned out. The Times article has me wondering if maybe I’m missing out by using baking soda…so…anyone know where I can buy food grade lye in Columbus?

lifeliberty
    Participant

Lye sounds like a pain and kinda dangerous to have around.

Had a Pretzel out of the freezer today(or 2). It was a little harder/denser than earlier. Maybe having the salt in there during the freezing process adds to this. Thinking about adding the salt after the freezing to help with this. will let you know results. still tasted great.

Zooky
    Participant

This is easy – Bernard’s has amazing pretzels stuffed with cream cheese (sounds nasty, but incredible) and other goodness. Check them out!

lifeliberty
    Participant

Brezel makes the Dispatch photo of the day: 6-9-10
    http://gallery.pictopia.com/columbusdispatch/gallery/105457/photo/9059158/?o=0

although, I hope they open a store instead of a sore in GV!
    ;P funny how a typo can totally change something…

from caption

(1 PRETZEL JOY ALBRECHT 6/1/10) Pretzel created by LtoR Maria Gentile and Brittany Baum. They soon hope to open a sore in German Village.

lifeliberty
    Participant

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/food/stories/2010/06/09/tabletalk.html?sid=104

Local women in a knot over pretzel production, look for larger space
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 01:13 PM
    By GARY SEMAN JR.

lifeliberty
    Participant

http://blog.dispatch.com/foodandwine/2010/11/brezel_finds_home.shtml

Brezel has found a home in the North Market.

i had a pretzel roll some time ago from Omega, I’ll admit it was good.

stinkybomb
    Participant

brezel is the best!!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Much more detail on the new Brezel location, here:

Brezel Coming Soon to The North Market

lifeliberty
    Participant

I’ve been to the NM location a couple of times now. bretzel is simply the best pretzel you are going to find around here. A fresh bretzel beats just about anything. last time i went to the NM I got a Kitchen Little fried buttermilk chicken cutlet and a fresh Bretzel, simply amazing lunch that day. that was before Christmas and I’m still thinking about it.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

It’s not the most amazing best ever, but I agree Brezel is pretty good and as good as it gets in Columbus.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We bought a bag of 50 pretzel bites from Bretzel to take with us to the family gathering for Christmas, and everyone enjoyed them quite a bit. Good stuff! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: