Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good soccer bar in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Good soccer bar in Columbus?

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

DouginCMH
    Participant

Ahh, awesome! Thanks, guys! Zauber would be really convenient and I had a good experience there for the World Cup. I will check with them for sure.

I stopped by yesterday for their Belgian independence day thingy (got a nice Duvel glass for doing so) and confirmed with Geoff (not ‘Jeff’ as I wrote yesterday) that, indeed, they’ll be showing Premiership matches when the season starts next month.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks for the checking!

DouginCMH
    Participant

By the way, they should have four of their beers on tap by then. Geoff’s brewed four batches of beer on his full-scale system over the past few days (he looked a bit fatigued). My understanding is that they’ll offer happy hour pricing during the Premiership matches, as well.

mbeaumont
    Participant

So do they intend to be open for the early games on Saturday mornings? I assume not the 7:30am matches, but for the 10am matches? That would be pretty awesome. I’m hoping to try their beer, last time I went they didn’t have any.

DouginCMH
    Participant

The bartender said they did open for at least some early games last year, though the ‘crowds’ were rather small. I ditched Facebook a while back, but as I recall they advertised this pretty clearly on their social media outlets. Stay tuned! I (and my son) may check this out, as well (on and off, anyway). I could never get up enough energy to head all the way out to Easton, though admittedly Fado does a great job of showing games out there. Zauber is a lot more convenient. This is just another way to support the local brew scene, right?

paranoidandroid
    Participant

I was going to add, Zauber seemed to post their 7:30am openings on social media last season and seems to remain fairly active on social media.

I’m not up to speed with much soccer outside the World Cup, but I think it’s great they do this for local Premiere/Champions League matches – to the point I often consider going just to give them business in support of being open at 7:30am, but alas life gets in the way.

Remember, even if you don’t have a facebook profile or use social media, Zauber’s profile is public and can be viewed simply by regularly visiting http://www.facebook.com/ZauberBrewing

I suppose there’s also a chance they could include their early-opening soccer schedule on their events page, http://zbeers.com/events/

DouginCMH
    Participant

Remember, even if you don’t have a facebook profile or use social media, Zauber’s profile is public and can be viewed simply by regularly visiting http://www.facebook.com/ZauberBrewing

About that… I have no idea why this is the case, but since I got off Facebook, I can see most of the old commercial sites I used to follow (Studio 35, Seventh Son, etc.), but not all. Zauber is one of the few latter instances where, if I try and view their Facebook page, all that loads is a Facebook login or register for an account page. I have no idea why.

FunkBrothers
    Participant

I can agree that Zauber is a great place to watch soccer. I went there to watch the FIFA World Cup Final on July 13th and it was crowded. Great atmosphere with the beer hall. The Crest is another good place to watch soccer. I was with a friend one evening at The Crest and they were airing a soccer match from one of the European Leagues. I don’t know if they will be showing Premiere League matches at The Crest.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: