Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good soccer bar in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Good soccer bar in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

@berdawn I would love for those warlords to describe what they’re doing that’s so important. Seems like they’ve been wasting Somalia’s time for about 40 years.

anillo
    Participant

Hey, their economy isn’t going to destroy itself

anillo
    Participant

Hey, their economy isn’t going to destroy itself

JohnRClem
    Participant

From the Crew Supporters Union weekly email:

We’ve gathered a lot of feedback this week about the situation and have decided that we can not return to Claddagh. Members of the executive board and some other core members have held discussions this week about the short term and long term options for a home bar for Crew Union. We had several bars reach out to us and we appreciate that support from the community.

We visited Jimmy V’s Wednesday evening, took a tour of the place and talked with the owner who had invited us out. The location is not far from Claddagh, the parking situation is a bit better as there is more non-metered street parking, the layout/tv situation is great and food/drink prices are cheaper. We’re going to try to get people down there for the US World Cup matches and based on how people like it possibly make Jimmy V’s our new Crew Union bar for the remainder of the 2010 Crew season
    Jimmy V’s will be open at 6:30 tomorrow morning for Germany-Serbia kicking off at 7:30. Come on down for US-Slovenia kicking off at 10am!

JohnRClem
    Participant

deleted – double post

groundrules
    Participant

JohnRClem wrote >>
    Jimmy V’s will be open at 6:30 tomorrow morning for Germany-Serbia kicking off at 7:30. Come on down for US-Slovenia kicking off at 10am!

since there are more than one, just to clarify, you mean the Jimmy V’s on south high, right?

berdawn

groundrules wrote >>

JohnRClem wrote >>

since there are more than one, just to clarify, you mean the Jimmy V’s on south high, right?

Yep.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Reviving this thread from 4 years ago. With Premier League starting play in less than a month, where are the best places to watch soccer in the city?

Are there any places in the city that open early on Saturdays for Premier League matches? Or does everyone just stay home now that you can watch online so easily?

DouginCMH
    Participant

Well, Fado is a no brainer, if you don’t mind heading to Easton.

I know Zauber showed Premiership matches last season, right after they opened their new tap room. Might want to confirm that they’ll do the same this year.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Yeah, was hoping to find something in the city. As of right now, I’m aware of:

4th Street Bar and Grill
    Claddagh

…and that’s about it. I did go to Zauber for a World Cup match, but I didn’t know if that was something they were going to continue to focus on. I feel like a true soccer-focused bar is something we’re really missing in the downtown area.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Maybe Three Legged Mare in the AD?

DouginCMH
    Participant

Yeah, was hoping to find something in the city. As of right now, I’m aware of:

4th Street Bar and Grill<br>
    Claddagh

…and that’s about it. I did go to Zauber for a World Cup match, but I didn’t know if that was something they were going to continue to focus on. I feel like a true soccer-focused bar is something we’re really missing in the downtown area.

Zauber showed Premiership and Champions League matches last spring. Their website leaves a little to be desired in terms of info about this kind of thing. I recall, shortly after they opened earlier this year, there were flyers up in the place advertising their Premiership line-up. Hopefully that’ll continue this season. It’s worth checking with them directly is it’s a convenient location for you.

I assume Jeff might be a little busy with other things right now, since I see he’s (finally!!) brewing on the brewery’s new, full-sized set-up. I love the fact that Columbus brewers are so collaborative, but I’ll be a more regular customer at Zauber once I can easily get their beers.

Miracle
    Participant

+1 to Zauber. Last year they did a happy hour during all Premier, no matter the time. I think it was $2 off all drafts.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Ahh, awesome! Thanks, guys! Zauber would be really convenient and I had a good experience there for the World Cup. I will check with them for sure.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Maybe Three Legged Mare in the AD?

Yeah, I hadn’t thought of them. Another good potential option. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: