Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good soccer bar in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Good soccer bar in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Bob P

Does anyone know any good soccer bars around Columbus?

Claddagh’s and Tommy Keegan’s in the Brewery District. Fado at Easton.

B_C_B

UncommonSense wrote >>
    Claddagh’s and Tommy Keegan’s in the Brewery District. Fado at Easton.

I’m pretty sure Tommy Keegan’s is closed for good, R.I.P. But Claddagh is definitely a good suggestion.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

If you’re watching crew matches then Ruby Tuesday on summit can be fun.. Also Studio 35 shows Crew away games as well as some bigger Champions league UEFA Cup and EPL matches…

I’ve also found that bartenders will throw on 620 and 619 on their DirecTVs (remember to tip) and you can watch Soccer just about anywhere if you’re bored at a bar and wanting something to watch..

jimbach
    Participant

Claddagh, absolutely.

gpat
    Participant

Fado at Easton always seems to have stuff going on. Their website usually lists all the games that they’ll have on.

http://www.fadoirishpub.com/columbus/eventview/sports

groundrules
    Participant

Gallo’s Tap Room on Bethel (next to microcenter) shows a lot of games.

is there still a peruvian-owned bar on high street in the clintonville area? that place used to show all kinds of international games. can’t remember the name…

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

Another vote for Ruby Tuesday’s..big Crew fan hangout so away games are great there, and booze is cheap.

groundrules
    Participant

holy crap- i inadvertently found myself in Claddaghs on saturday night at 10:00, and make no mistake about it, this is (at least intermittently) a serious soccer bar. Columbus had a late game in Seattle, and I was one of maybe 10 people out of many, many others who wasn’t wearing black and gold. or screaming at the TV.

Also- La Casita is always showing games. and they have great food.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

On a trip to Los Guachos[/url] yesterday for their amazing al pastor tacos, I watched some of Pachuca v. Pumas at the truck.. I even caught a goal..

mitchellosu

groundrules wrote >>
    holy crap- i inadvertently found myself in Claddaghs on saturday night at 10:00, and make no mistake about it, this is (at least intermittently) a serious soccer bar. Columbus had a late game in Seattle, and I was one of maybe 10 people out of many, many others who wasn’t wearing black and gold. or screaming at the TV.
    Also- La Casita is always showing games. and they have great food.

I was with my girlfriend on the patio that night at around the same time. I thought we were the only ones who weren’t wearing crew colors and doing some drunken screaming.

RobertZ

Fado Irish Pub in Easton is tops. Huge outdoor event for USA v England. Went with a bunch of buddies and it was awesome. Serious soccer pub, great fans and service. Bunch of stuff going on for World Cup-
    http://fadoirishpub.com/columbus/world-cup-2010-columbus

JonMyers
    Participant

We went to Claddaughs yesterday and had a blast. I couldn’t believe how packed it got.

deraj1013
    Participant

From the Dispatch…

Bob Hunter commentary: Party embodies soccer’s success

Three steps through the back door and into Fado Irish Pub, I faced a guy studying me and my white golf shirt. It was easy to read his mind. No red. No blue. No beer. On the day of the United States-England World Cup soccer match, I must have looked like some kind of boring peace envoy, a sort of barroom Switzerland.

Read more

chaptal
    Participant

Over 2,500 at Claddagh yesterday. Quite the scene.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: