Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good roads/places to ride motorcycle in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Good roads/places to ride motorcycle in Columbus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

billiejean

Hello,

Since I got my new bike recently, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good roads or locations to ride? I would prefer somewhere with less traffic and some winding roads.

Thanks!

cheap

take 23 north to state route 37 north

you’ll go through a bunch of little towns and end up on route 15 just outside findlay

lots of twists and turns,a good fun ride.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Nah, take 315 north to its end at 23, then take that north to 42. Then go southwest on 42 to the Scioto and then back south on either 257 on the east side or 745 on the west – more reservoir views along 257 plus many city park areas where you can pull off.

GCrites80s
    Participant

There’s some good roads near the far eastern end of Morse Rd. in Licking County. That part of Morse sure isn’t like what most people think of when they hear “Morse Road”.

An OK quickie when you’re on the Far East Side is taking Noe-Bixby from Broad to Livingston. Nothing mind-blowing, but that’s Columbus for you.

pez
    Participant

alexs said:
    Nah, take 315 north to its end at 23, then take that north to 42. Then go southwest on 42 to the Scioto and then back south on either 257 on the east side or 745 on the west – more reservoir views along 257 plus many city park areas where you can pull off.

Was going to say Riverside Drive from Dublin to 42, but 315 is a great addition to this.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

some good info here:

http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/states/OH.shtml

i don’t know that central ohio offers any decent riding, but much of southern and eastern ohio sure does!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Try taking Rt. 42 southwest if you’re going to anywhere around Cinci. No Ikea furniture on the back of the bike please. Coming back, you could take 68 north through Yellow Springs, to 40 back to Columbus.

groundrules
    Participant

simplest answer combines two of my favorite things. You wanna head towards the pink.

News
    Participant

LoopBackroads specializes in out-of-the-way daytrips
    BUSINESS PROFILES — BY MELANIE MCINTYRE
    JULY 23, 2012 AT 8:00 AM

Robert Denhard has a passion for exploring, discovering, and learning about new things, and he wanted to use that passion to make a difference. With LoopBackroads, it’s arguable he’s doing just that.

LoopBackroads, the startup Denhard launched this month, maps out daytrips (or “loops”) for those looking for adventures off the beaten path. One way LoopBackroads hopes to make a positive impact is by encouraging travelers to patronize the mom-and-pop shops that are the heart and soul of so many small towns.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/loopbackroads-specializes-in-out-of-the-way-daytrips/

Roland
    Participant

groundrules said:
    simplest answer combines two of my favorite things. You wanna head towards the pink.

LOL. There you have the truth. Head southeast young man!

EDIT: I fell for the necropost. ;)

Twixlen
    Participant

Necropost, but still!

Just drove all around 328, 93, 278, 56, 50, etc in the Hocking/Zalesky Forest area – saw a lot of people on bikes that looked like they were having a blast. The roads are nicely paved and many of the corners are banked. And, it’s gorgeous scenery.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: